Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Hope everyone is having a great week. I just wanted to see if anyone knows of a set of 4 teledial wheels (16") that might be for sale in good ole Toronto. I have a GTV with some hideous aftermarket wheels and wanted to restore the look to original.

Getting parts is an issue, but finding the right wheels, especially locally, has been impossible so far. Hoping someone can throw me a proverbial rope.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
there was never a GTV on 16" teledials

there were 16" teardrop alloys and then 17" teledials, .............................be aware that 16" teledials are out there and were fitted to 156 cars, They look terrible on a GTV and also offsets are all over the place to avoid at all costs i say

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi pkr,

Sorry, I tried including a jpeg, but my time expired and the post was published as soon as I signed back in. These are the ones I am after:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/-ucAAOSwHnFVl9G9/$_1.JPG

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hi pkr,

Sorry, I tried including a jpeg, but my time expired and the post was published as soon as I signed back in. These are the ones I am after:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/-ucAAOSwHnFVl9G9/$_1.JPG
They are 16" teledials.

They are not original and look terrible on the GTV due to the offset (poke) being well out...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Euroboy,

What would you recommend then? I have found some on EBSpares, but don't love the way they look. I like the teledials.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there was never a GTV on 16" teledials

there were 16" teardrop alloys and then 17" teledials, .............................be aware that 16" teledials are out there and were fitted to 156 cars, They look terrible on a GTV and also offsets are all over the place to avoid at all costs i say
Hi BradPitt (never thought I'dbe saying that),

I agree the thicker teledials that came with the GTV are not that nice. But I like the 156 version teledials. If anyone has some other suggestions or a wheel company they know has GTV compatible wheels with a few different pattern options, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
they are GTA wheels i love them had them on mine really did get good compliments however again these were never standard fit on any GTV

i have had 16" 156 teledials on a previous GTV and there must have been over 30mm of spacers and then the look with the profile of tyre they just looked like balloons and it didn`t sit right, very very very cheap though the 156 teledials are a third of the price of 17" teledials

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Hi BradPitt (never thought I'dbe saying that),

I agree the thicker teledials that came with the GTV are not that nice. But I like the 156 version teledials. If anyone has some other suggestions or a wheel company they know has GTV compatible wheels with a few different pattern options, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
There has recently been some 17" for sale on the forum, don't if they are sold

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-andamp-916-spider/961082-17andquot-gtv-teledials.html

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
Hi alastpa,

These are the ones I am looking for. But everyone is saying these are not oem for the GTV.
The 17" teledials were most certainly OEM on the Phase 2 3litre GTV's and Spiders. I think what they mean is that the 16" teledials (which are the same design) are not OEM to the GTV/Spider. They were on the 156 only.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
AFAIK the phase 2 V6 only ever came with 17 inch teledials as per the post a few above. The only variation is the UK RHD Cup which has slightly different colour 17 inch teledials.

They are quite rare here in UK but do appear on eBay from time to time but I guess the delivery costs would be prohibitive.

Anyway it's 17inch Teledials you need and definitely not 16inch ones from a 156.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I think some early Phase 2 GTV's came with 16' teardrops too. Specficially the Phase 2a. I'm pretty confident all Phase 2b's came with 17' teledials only. Have a look at this link for some help

Wheels » Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website
Good find!

Teardrops are Pic 2
Phase 2 Teledials are Pic 4
Cup Teledials are Pic 5

Interestingly he has no P3 wheels depicted. I have some OEM Monza's on mine - looks ace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think some early Phase 2 GTV's came with 16' teardrops too. Specficially the Phase 2a. I'm pretty confident all Phase 2b's came with 17' teledials only. Have a look at this link for some help

Wheels » Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website
Thanks for the link! Very informative stuff.

I believe the car probably came with the 6,5×16″ 1997, which I find hideous. I think I will keep the aftermarket ones I have now.

The issue is my tires are down to F1 level of tread, so if i get new tires, I'm committing to these. Might as well. I suppose we can all grow to love things.

Thanks everyone for your input, really appreciate the goodwill of the community here and glad to be part of it.

Now, if anyone could provide some advice on how to make the wife fall in love with the Alfa....:biglaugh:

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
Pop on a set of the Zender Sienna's (if you can find a set...they are properly rare!) and who wouldn't fall in love with your GTV:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Pop on a set of the Zender Sienna's (if you can find a set...they are properly rare!) and who wouldn't fall in love with your GTV:thumbup:
Ive got a set for sale :)

Postage to Toronto might be a problem though!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts