Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, having sold my lovely Alfa a year or two ago, replacing for a more `economical` Ford Focus 1.6 - I've decided that it really isn't much more economical lol!

Seen quite a few 156's around for £500-£1000 these days, hoping I can pick something up quite cheap just to run for a year - sell or even swap the focus - any recommendations/things to look out for (ie cambelts done/good service history etc).

Can't wait to be sat back in that lovely drivers seat again, I've never loved a car like I loved my Alfa :cry:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok - i've found a 156 i like, just had a chat about it and slight `tyre noise` from rear tyres was mentioned (but they felt it was the tyres and not the bearings).

either way, if it was the bearings - is that a costly replacement? assuming not something you can do at home (not for a novice anyway :))

advice? could it be related to something more terminal?

P

·
0 Posts
Somebody will about soon enough.

Take a quick peek at Alfa Workshop, they have guides and much information.

Plenty regarding the 156 on there too, even service interval advice etc.

How many miles?, owners, year etc?? More info the better :D :thumbs:

Welcome back to the fold :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Underside rust and electrics as usual . Keys and alarm/central locking. Air bag light.
Think the bearings aren't too bad on the back but you would need to check ?:thumbs:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apparently little/no rust, all electrics working, 105k on clock, cam belts etc done in 2011, lovely paintwork etc too - just the `tyre noise` was mentioned - i'll go back later and have another inspection :)

G

·
0 Posts
Have a good look at the tyre edges see if there is any signs of wear inside and out may indicate worn bushes or in need of alignment.
Check the clutch works ok . Nice and light.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG £270 a year on tax now?!?! daylight robbery! perhaps i should find the JTD version...

P

·
0 Posts
6 JTDs on Autotrader and they are really low mileage.

Search "upto 80000", top bargains I would say :thumbs:

I adore my JTD

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats an 04 (facelift) 156 2.0jts full black leather interior 100k on the clock, cam belts etc done, body work in excellent condition worth?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts