Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've got a July 1996 ALFA ROMEO SPIDER T SPARK 16 V Convertible which is recently back on the road after an 18 month of road period (long story) and I'd only have it 6 months before that happened. I can find all the technical repair manuals online etc, but I can't find an Owner's Manual anywhere - they're always for the wrong year, or the wrong model, etc. I've searched the forums but all the links from similar posts are out of date now. Or they want details I don't have - like is it it a CF2 or a CF3, and I don't want to waste money on the wrong manual.

Can anyone help me? I still have so much to learn about how the car works, so that I can then figure out what isn't working properly, rather than me just being daft and not knowing which button does what (for example). There are definitely some electrical issues, but I can't work stuff out until I know more about what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance, with my fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I’ve got a early handbook for a Gtv will check later to see if it covers spider as well

·
Registered
123 Posts
Partsworld - on sale now! £9.99

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Hi there,

I've got a July 1996 ALFA ROMEO SPIDER T SPARK 16 V Convertible which is recently back on the road after an 18 month of road period (long story) and I'd only have it 6 months before that happened. I can find all the technical repair manuals online etc, but I can't find an Owner's Manual anywhere - they're always for the wrong year, or the wrong model, etc. I've searched the forums but all the links from similar posts are out of date now. Or they want details I don't have - like is it it a CF2 or a CF3, and I don't want to waste money on the wrong manual.

Can anyone help me? I still have so much to learn about how the car works, so that I can then figure out what isn't working properly, rather than me just being daft and not knowing which button does what (for example). There are definitely some electrical issues, but I can't work stuff out until I know more about what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance, with my fingers crossed :)
In principle you can find most models on the official webpage in pdf format, see
elum Manuals

Not sure if your car is there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Partsworld - on sale now! £9.99
That's a great link thanks - have you got any idea which of the English versions I'd need though? I'm stumped.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
That's a great link thanks - have you got any idea which of the English versions I'd need though? I'm stumped.
If yours is a 96 it'll be a CF2 (that refers to the emission standard) and if its a UK supplied car its a 2.0.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If yours is a 96 it'll be a CF2 (that refers to the emission standard) and if its a UK supplied car its a 2.0.
Hi,

I ordered it, but it's not the right version - looks like it's from 2000 onwards. It's a different dashboard layout to mine, and much more. Got any other suggestions as to places to look?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I thought 1996/7 cars were Phase 1 with CF1 and the alloy rocker cover?

My GTV is a 97 and has a CF1 engine and the black centre console, non ribbed leather seats too

OP’s car also has a Phase 1 grille

1 - 10 of 10 Posts