Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would put this out there.

Looking for a 57 plate (ish) example or one that boasts the full list of interior toys as the earlier ones did.

Don't want a car that's been to the moon and back tho, so looking for average mileage really.

Don't be shy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does I'm afraid. I've decided what I want, and if I'm doing it, I'm doing it properly. Not that the 1.9 isn't proper, just got my heart set on the red 2.4

Considered a Grey one that's on Autotrader now, but I wouldn't be 100% happy with it as it has to be red.

I'll be on the hunt for a tan interior once I've got one. Then I'll be happy.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I drove a 2.4 around a year before I got my 1.9. From what I remember the 2.4 drove like my 1.9 does now that it has been remapped. I'd love to see what performance could be wrung out of a 2.4 once remapped and DPF removed.

Where would you get your tan interior from? I've been looking too, and can't find a complete one anywhere that's in decent condition.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove a 2.4 around a year before I got my 1.9. From what I remember the 2.4 drove like my 1.9 does now that it has been remapped. I'd love to see what performance could be wrung out of a 2.4 once remapped and DPF removed.

Where would you get your tan interior from? I've been looking too, and can't find a complete one anywhere that's in decent condition.

The intention is to get a 2.4 and have the EGR/DPF/Map work done then bring on the smiles.

Tan interior will be difficult to get hold of, especially with heated memory seats. I'll just have to keep my eyes open with scrappers/ebay and will keep asking around on here, as believe it or not, some people don't like the tan leather so much. So could do a swap with somebody. Unlikely though. Could offer to do a swap on a tan example that's for sale some where aswell. Would probably have to give them some cash too though, you know what dealers are like.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
CJ Romeo is selling his 2.4Ti soon. It's stromboli Grey though but it has had a very pampered life - in fact I'm considering it myself but looks as though he needs to sell before I am able to buy, Believe me though his is a beauty

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CJ Romeo is selling his 2.4Ti soon. It's stromboli Grey though but it has had a very pampered life - in fact I'm considering it myself but looks as though he needs to sell before I am able to buy, Believe me though his is a beauty

I know, and believe me, I've looked at that one long and hard. Who ever gets that is getting a very cherished motor!

It's just not red enough for me!!!!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Thanks for the big ups!

I think you will struggle to find a red one with good looking paint at that year unfortunately. Grey ages the best of the 3 original colours...I learned after my black one and the mates red one....we now both have grey!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I spent ages looking for a red Ti 2.4 went to look at a couple of Ti's at second city motors in Birmingham in Stromboli Grey and personally wasn't blown away by them, the silver mirrors were unnoticeable compared to the grey paintwork and the big wheels didn't stand out as much. What helped me make my mind up then was that they had an Alfa red GT cloverleaf which looked stunning.

I ended up getting one from Blackpool a good 3hrs drive away, but she was a minter and looks stunning.

My advice hold out for the right colour for you as you'll only be disappointed if you settle for a different colour.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spent ages looking for a red Ti 2.4 went to look at a couple of Ti's at second city motors in Birmingham in Stromboli Grey and personally wasn't blown away by them, the silver mirrors were unnoticeable compared to the grey paintwork and the big wheels didn't stand out as much. What helped me make my mind up then was that they had an Alfa red GT cloverleaf which looked stunning.

I ended up getting one from Blackpool a good 3hrs drive away, but she was a minter and looks stunning.

My advice hold out for the right colour for you as you'll only be disappointed if you settle for a different colour.
This is what I'm thinking.

With reference to your recent thread:
I'm also hoping you and your missus have triplets!!! :cheese:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and the front bumper and the leading edge of the bonnet.

If reds what catches your eye, your never going to be happy with anything else though.
That's the problem. It's gotta be red, or I wont be 100% happy with it.

Re: stone chipping. I've noticed on here that some people suffer badly with the chips and others don't. There's the sticky at the top of the forum about it isn't there.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Chipping is a problem but there is an excellent solution to hiding them namely the Chipex kit that are praised on this forum.

Worked a treat on my front bumper which was starting to look like it had been shot blasted, after the Chipex treatment it looked like brand new again. Chips were only visible if you got really close up to scrutinise the paint.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chipping is a problem but there is an excellent solution to hiding them namely the Chipex kit that are praised on this forum.

Worked a treat on my front bumper which was starting to look like it had been shot blasted, after the Chipex treatment it looked like brand new again. Chips were only visible if you got really close up to scrutinise the paint.
That's certainly good to know. I can live with a well hidden chip or two (hundred).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found a red 2.4 Ti 2007 plate with everything bar the auto lights and wipers (I think) only problem it's covered 70k miles. So about 25k more than I thought I would be happy with. Obviously the price will reflect this.

It runs perfectly apparently.

It 70k miles something to avoid?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
70k is nothing for modern diesels but folks still get hung up on this 100k milestone figure, which will affect your resale value.

I personally am not overly concerned with high milers as long as they've been well maintained and looked after.

Check to see if cambelt etc has been changed if not factor that into you haggling.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
70k is nothing for modern diesels but folks still get hung up on this 100k milestone figure, which will affect your resale value.

I personally am not overly concerned with high milers as long as they've been well maintained and looked after.

Check to see if cambelt etc has been changed if not factor that into you haggling.
Cambelt and water pump have been done in 2011 - pre 70k milestone

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Found a red 2.4 Ti 2007 plate with everything bar the auto lights and wipers (I think) only problem it's covered 70k miles. So about 25k more than I thought I would be happy with. Obviously the price will reflect this.

It runs perfectly apparently.

It 70k miles something to avoid?
Auto lights and wipers aren't worth worrying about in my opinion.
Always end up over riding one or the other at some point.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts