Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, bought my 159 1.9 jtdm last week and im hoping to get it remapped soon and just seeing if anyone has any recommendations in the area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you have read about it already you'll know about the M32 gearbox being a weak link, it's rated upto 320 Nm and guess what the 1.9 sits at with out a remap? yep 320 Nm, hence it's name.

Also, if your clutch is a little tired, the remap with eat through it quite quickly if you use all the new found power.

All that said, it hasn't stopped me getting a remap, the guy took it upto 190 bhp rather than 195 bhp, which he said he could do, but advised against it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Remap

You might also consider Celtic. As my car is already Alfatune mapped I'm not using them at the moment but I will likely put their 'economy' map on my 159 (its still over 200 hp with my engine). You can choose different maps depending on how close to the breaking point of your hardware you want to go to. I have this on my old car and it works really well...

With the switchable map (emotion box) you can have a fast map for fun and run an eco map most of the time (or vice versa!). If you go to the first link and search on your car you can see the different combos they offer...

See ECU Remap | Chip Tuning | Engine Tuning | DPF Removal | Diesel Tuning ...
and
https://www.emotion-tuning.co.uk/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts