Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a forum site for Fiats - my girlfriends Bravo has a few issues I'd
like to look into.

cheers

:)

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Yes another vote for fiatforum.com

Is it a new style Bravo, if so whats up with it?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm on the Fiat Forum as well, I have a Doblo so its difficult to find something interesting to say about it ... other than its got lots of room and its cheap to run ... so I guess thats why the Fiat Forum is not very stimulating :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad - It's a Fiat Brava 1.8 EXL ( 1999 ).

Problems are:

- The LCD mileage counter on the speedo seems to have lost it's illumination light ( bulb ). So how to access it, and what kind of bulb do I need.

- After a heavy downpour the drivers footwell can have as much as an inch of water sloshing around in it!
I couldn't see any obvious sign of where the water was coming in. But the other day I took the car to the car wash ( the drive in type ) - and water was streaming in on the front pillar near the door ( the one between the door and the back edge of the windscreen.

It did not come from between the door and pillar, but came out from behind the pillars plastic trim plastic ( I hope this makes sense ).

I examined the door seal rubber - and it all looked intact and I couldn't see any obvious entry point for the water.

Could it be coming from somewhere else? Sunroof?

- Radio/CD/Clock LCD display is not displaying properly ( some of the digit facets don't come on ) making it
almost unreadable. Is there a replacement method to fix this to avoid buying a whole new integrated unit?

- When you pull the lever back to activate the windscreen jets, the wipers fail to activate.

That's it.:rolleyes::)

PS - Fiat sight seems OK, but not as active as this one.

·
Registered
37,757 Posts
Not sure about the speedo, but I bet the water is getting in through the sunroof.

The roof on our Bravo leaked badly, although most of the water ended up on the driver seat.

In the end I disconnected the motor and put bathroom sealer around the outside. That cured it.

I hate sunroofs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts