Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 32gb iPod Touch unless someone can recommend an alternative.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nothing about MP3 players so was just gonna plump for the apparent market leader.

N

·
0 Posts
Look at Philips and Sony if you're interested in actual sound quality.

Otherwise pony-up for the 'Touch.

The Samsung I saw the other day. It's basically a Samsung Galaxy
Android phone without the phone bits. Just like the 'Touch is a cut-down iPhone.
Also it takes SD cards so you can have storage expansion.

My V1.0 'Touch isn't really a very good music player. Even with a decent set of 'phones.
Later versions must have improved.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look at Philips and Sony if you're interested in actual sound quality.

Otherwise pony-up for the 'Touch.

The Samsung I saw the other day. It's basically a Samsung Galaxy
Android phone without the phone bits. Just like the 'Touch is a cut-down iPhone.
Also it takes SD cards so you can have storage expansion.

My V1.0 'Touch isn't really a very good music player. Even with a decent set of 'phones.
Later versions must have improved.
What about speaker docks?

Is there a good range that are compatible with non-iPods?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I think I'll just get the iPod. :rolleyes:
Good choice unless your an uber hifi geek, to be fair unless you want to spend hundreds no speaker dock sounds that good.

Better off getting an audio jack nd sticking it in The aux port of our home hifi :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
There's an alternative chaps! I use a Belkin wireless bluetooth streaming receiver connected up to my Onkyo 7.1 HD amp, the music is fed off an EeePad Transformer, the music quality is mindblowing and meens there's no dongles or having to plug the tablet in to play music!
I would highly recommend the Transformer over an Ipad, build quality is second to none, especially if you buy it with the keyboard, Android is a breeze and ALL the apps are free if you just look around ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
There's an alternative chaps! I use a Belkin wireless bluetooth streaming receiver connected up to my Onkyo 7.1 HD amp, the music is fed off an EeePad Transformer, the music quality is mindblowing and meens there's no dongles or having to plug the tablet in to play music!
I would highly recommend the Transformer over an Ipad, build quality is second to none, especially if you buy it with the keyboard, Android is a breeze and ALL the apps are free if you just look around ;)
He's getting an iPod

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
So for audio quality you are recommending A2DP streaming over Bluetooth? Really? :confused:

A2DP streaming is limited to a maximum 768Kbps bandwidth (assuming perfect conditions - ie no interference, short transmission range etc) yet CDs have 1.4Mbps therefore compression is needed to stream music over Bluetooth which means a loss in audio quality. Of course, if you only encode your MP3s at 128kbps then (as well as obviously not really caring about music) you're not going to hear much difference because it will be tinny as **** anyway.

I'm not sure you've grasped the concept of what Roswell was asking for.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts