Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post but hopefully if my search goes to plan I'd be an active member on here.

On the look out for a 147 GTA so if anyone is thinking of selling soon then please get in touch.

Many thanks,

Simon

M

·
0 Posts
What sort of timescale for purchasing? mine will be for sale in July after a trip to Italy in it.

It has a comprehensive history and been my daily for 3.5 years

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What sort of timescale for purchasing? mine will be for sale in July after a trip to Italy in it.

It has a comprehensive history and been my daily for 3.5 years
Thanks Maca, I'll happily wait for the right car. What colour / mileage is yours?

M

·
0 Posts
Its on 92k atm but will be nearer 96 by July with the trip planned. Its red with black & tan leather interior, bose system. It has the 360 throttle body, q2 diff, wizard exhaust. I have the original throttle body if someone wants it original. Just has a front touch up to get rid of stone chips. Will have 9 months mot in July. It has a raft of receipts and i've owned it since 44k

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi. You might want to expand on what exactly you are looking for? Colour, mileage, spec? Upgrades? Budget? Etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. You might want to expand on what exactly you are looking for? Colour, mileage, spec? Upgrades? Budget? Etc
Good point, sorry i was a little vague. I appreciate there aren't loads to choose from and hence my spec is fairly open.

Colour: In an ideal world I would love to find a blue one (that sort of italian blue colour) but I've never seen one for sale. Only colours I would rule out are silver (bro used to have one) and that pale green colour. Black, red, grey, white all good.
Mileage: again ideally low but will buy on condition.
Spec: Q2 diff, 330mm brakes would be good but can budget to retro fit so not the end of the world.
Budget: I'll pay a very healthy amount for the right car :biglaugh:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good point, sorry i was a little vague. I appreciate there aren't loads to choose from and hence my spec is fairly open.

Colour: In an ideal world I would love to find a blue one (that sort of italian blue colour) but I've never seen one for sale. Only colours I would rule out are silver (bro used to have one) and that pale green colour. Black, red, grey, white all good.
Mileage: again ideally low but will buy on condition.
Spec: Q2 diff, 330mm brakes would be good but can budget to retro fit so not the end of the world.
Budget: I'll pay a very healthy amount for the right car :biglaugh:
I may know of one, but I can't PM you, until you've done more posts! (Maybe five?) Best keep talking ;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
. Only colours I would rule out are silver (bro used to have one) and that pale green colour.
Whats wrong with that Green colour. Its very rare. Could make a GTA much more desirable? Never seen a 156 GTA in that colour and certainly not the SW variety...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats wrong with that Green colour. Its very rare. Could make a GTA much more desirable? Never seen a 156 GTA in that colour and certainly not the SW variety...
To be fair I've not seen one in the flesh but from photos it just doesn't do it for me. I guess they look good in any colour! :biglaugh:

·
Vendor
46,352 Posts
Captain Slow on here used to have a 156 GTA saloon in that light metallic green colour you mention. It doesn't photograph well but looks nice in the flesh. I don't think I would choose it, but I wouldn't turn down a good GTA at the right price on colour alone.

Miro red & brilliant blue are my two favourite GTA colours.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My favorites too, Pity they never did Miro on the 147.
Might have to let mine go soon unless I change my job as I'm doing too many miles now. If I decide to I will check back to see if you are still looking.
Mine has 330's, Q2, standard springs/koni dampers, winter pack, standard exhaust, teledials with ps3's (and spare set if jetfins), full history, 3rd owner. Up to 64k miles now and going up by 400/week. Dammit!

Oh, and the best colour ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
THAT green is a proper marmite colour. I have seen only one in the flesh and really didn't rate it. It just didn't suit the car it was covering. I can't remember what the proper name for it was but I'm going for Bognor Regis Green.. Sorry couldn't resist. I promise to put my keyboard down and step away from my computer.

MY FAVOURITES...

BRIGHT BLUE
BLACK
GREY
THAT LIGHT METALLIC BLUE (I haven't been drinking)...
And best of all

MIRO RED.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A mate of mine in Margate has an olive green 156 gta which looks strange on a car like that. He told me he only knows of one other like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Might have to let mine go soon unless I change my job as I'm doing too many miles now. If I decide to I will check back to see if you are still looking.
Mine has 330's, Q2, standard springs/koni dampers, winter pack, standard exhaust, teledials with ps3's (and spare set if jetfins), full history, 3rd owner. Up to 64k miles now and going up by 400/week. Dammit!

Oh, and the best colour
Pretty much my ideal spec so do keep me posted. Any photos? Would love to see it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, that's the one.Good little workshop that. Did the alternator on my 2.5 156 when it broke down on the M2 a couple of years ago. Barry is his name.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Oh, and the best colour ;)
Also just noticed you are in Cheshire, me too! As said I'd be seriously interested in you do consider.

·
Registered
948 Posts
And best of all

MIRO RED.
My dads 156 GTA was in Miro red (a 1500 option he decided to pay for!). It looks ace, but he has had it sprayed at the front to tidy the bumper edges in the normal places and the bonnet. The match isn't brilliant. Also, the older it gets the more 'pink' it goes.

Its going to get a full respray when he gets round to it. The car does about 2000 miles a year these days.

I personally love the Green colour. Also anything thats rare tends to be worth more?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts