Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, back here after a very long time, a couple of bits required , firstly as mentioned I need the flexi pipe that connects air filter housing & airflow meter, plus also a original if possible gearstick knob, 6 speed type

thanks

abz

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
hi, back here after a very long time, a couple of bits required , firstly as mentioned I need the flexi pipe that connects air filter housing & airflow meter, plus also a original if possible gearstick knob, 6 speed type

thanks

abz

Abz
Do you mean the flexi pipe that connects AFM and throttle body?
Please post a photo of the current one as there are a couple of different types

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Abz
Do you mean the flexi pipe that connects AFM and throttle body?
Please post a photo of the current one as there are a couple of different types
hi, are you able to help locate one?

·
Registered
5,938 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
You'll never find one, I tried for a while, but was running out of insulation tape! I made my own complete intake in the end with some hose, clips, and canister type air filter. See attached picture. This gives you much more room under the bonnet too, a washable filter element, and less weight etc. I connect to the original cold air feed too.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,938 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
A mate (who is on here and has their hoses on his 2.5V6) has recommended these guys,
I think if you send them the photo they can work from there (I'm going to order some from
them for a couple of my cars):
Quality Silicone Hoses - Buy Silicon Hoses Direct or Call 0844 8000 669 - AutoSiliconeHoses.com ®️
I just used ebay for mine. Silicone hose is silicone hose. You just need two 45 degree bends of 72mm or 75mm internal diameter (can't remember so you'll have to use a calipers to measure the inside diameter of the existing rubber boot thing), and the canister air filter kit. I had an aluminium tube with t piece connector made from someone on eBay too to connect the cam cover breather to, which you can see in my pic, so some half inch silicone hose is needed too. Just use a hacksaw or Dremel to cut the hose to fit as you're going. I just checked my ebay history and it all came to £47 including stainless steel jubilee clips.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
back again, still looking for the above parts, I'm not very handy so I want to go the easy sort of route to resolve issue

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you haven't found one in 8 months, you ain't gonna. If you can't use a hacksaw and a measuring tape, then that's laziness not handiness 😉😉😉 Joking, obvs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts