Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post so be nice! I've been looking at getting rid of my 10 year old Focus for a while and I am keen on the G. My main question is what sort of discount should I be looking at (if any!) when speaking to a dealer about a brand new one? I like the look of the 0% finance and free servicing offer. Also, having looked around there doesn't seem to be many nearly one examples knocking about so I might as well get a new one myself!

I would probably be looking at the 1.4 Multiair Veloce, with the sports wheels for now.

Oh and the positive publicity was found on the autotrader website; Auto Trader's top ten cars of 2011 - Auto Trader UK

They put the G in their favourite cars of 2011.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Not sure what discount they are offering now.
I ordered mine the first week in Jan last year.
They wouldnt offer me a discount on the car, but gave me another £250 on my px value, Mats, Alloy fuel cap and tomtom port to sweeten the deal.
I was looking at used cars too, but they didn't offer the low rate finance on used cars, so it worked out less per month to have a new one than the used one in the show room. The used one was identical except it didn't have tomtom port or parking sensors so i got a better spec car too.:)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I didn't get a discount when I ordered mine, a Cloverleaf, in December - and I don't have a P/E either as my current Alfa is on a lease. (That said, I have found in the past that the scope the dealers have to discount on the "top" model is limited. Certainly found that when I got my V6 GTV a good few years ago.)

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
In my opinion heavy discounting is not a good sign,but it's worth taking advantage of servicing or credit deals.

·
Registered
329 Posts
rb90,

Hello and welcome :)

Like most others here, i didn't recieve any discount off the car itself but a very good price (+£1000) on my part ex! But nothing extra was thrown in, i.e. i paid for the mats etc.

I believe the finance deal i'm on is only about 2 - 3% APR, also i laid down ZERO deposit :)

Take the plunge!

I ahve the MA in veloce, very niceee!

One thing, get the uprated brembos (red calipers) i have wished i had done this since delivery :( haha

Regards,

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
I wish I had negotiated the mats as I drove around for two weeks until they arrived with no mats.The 147 Q2 and Audi A3 before came with them but on handover at the dealer in Epsom I was directed to the back of the site when I noticed there were none.Would have ruined the momentum of it all so I bought them from Alfaaccesories on line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cheers everyone. Looks like dealers are giving between £500 - £1k incentives then based on what people have said.

Will pop in to the dealers tomorrow I think.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts