Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, nice site. I'm glad I found it! I'm thinking of picking up a 155 2.5 TD. Are these moters any good, which years are better? If the TD is not so good I've got a line on a gas 94 with a blown engine for 200 Euro, I located a 73K Km motor for 250 Euro so for 450-500 Euro after oil and stuff I'd be set. I know it's prety open ended but how should I go? I drive aobut 80 KM's per day to work round trip. All my freinds tell me that Alfa's are bad, but I've always wanted one and won't let them spoil it! Thanks for any advice in advance!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Not sure that diesel 155's were ever sold in the UK which probably explains the lack of replies :rolleyes: Something to do with Alfa keeping the sporting image they had in the UK. It's only since diesels have become as good as if not better than petrol models in other marques that Alfa relented. Not much help I know but at least you know you're not being ignored :)

W

·
0 Posts
Muz is correct, no diesels in the UK and I've not heard of many TD owners to be honest. They are supposed to be reliabel engines but getting a little old by todays standards.

...and ignore your friends ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I don't know about reliability, but that same engine in a 164 makes the car go 200 km/h (official listing), so it's pretty fast for a diesel, albeit nose heavy...

Many of the italian diesels I see for, sale have +300.000 km on the clock, so just take care of the belts and the oil, and your good, is my opinion..

Cheers,
cuore_sportivo_155

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, there aren't many of them listed here in Germany either. the one I'm looking at has 146K on the clock and it's 1200 Euro. Maybe I'll just stick to a good 'ol gas 155 or a 33 or 75, I really fancy those body styles. I'll keep asking questions though and yes, I did ignore my friends... :)

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Cuore_Sportivo_155 said:
I don't know about reliability, but that same engine in a 164 makes the car go 200 km/h (official listing), so it's pretty fast for a diesel, albeit nose heavy...

Many of the italian diesels I see for, sale have +300.000 km on the clock, so just take care of the belts and the oil, and your good, is my opinion..

Cheers,
cuore_sportivo_155
I had a 164 TD once - and yes it was pretty quick! Not sure if that's the same engine in the 155 - if so it should be a good motor - tho perhaps as they say a little nose-heavy......

Let us know how you go on ;)

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts