Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking at a 1.4MA 170 Sportiva with almost 56 k on the clock and although it's only a couple of years old, it's first service was done at 19 600 miles (5 months old) and then 37k (8 months later), so it's pretty high mileage for it's age. Should this be a concern? I know they like more regular oil changes and I personally do all my cars annually or at 12k miles.

Apart from that it's really high spec, front and rear parking sensors, half leather, electric lumbar support, Bluetooth, touchscreen nav, voice controls, folding wing mirrors etc. I think it's a face lift because of the year, is there any way to be sure? They're asking £11k for it and won't really budge on the price, does the price seem fair?

·
Registered
38,674 Posts
I am pretty sure that will be fine.

It has still been serviced before the recommended intervals according to mileage, and the fact it has done a higher miles in a short time suggest motorway use and fewer cold starts.

Personally if I was buying a car I would much rather have one like that, than an occasionally used or mainly short trip low miler.

Can't comment on the price, or whether it is a facelift. I think that the facelift was in 2013, but it could still be an earlier car registered later.

·
Registered
36,735 Posts
The intervals reduced with the series one. I'd ask to see the service book to check the schedule which applies. Mine does a good proportion of motorway mileage but I didn't have the courage to exceed 15000 miles on first oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts