Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it seems door lock problems are common with 156s. Now for mine. The "doors open" symbol on the dash shows the rear offside is open. But it is only faintly illuminated which suggest a bad earth/connection...maybe. When I try to lock the car manually or electronically the locks close then open immediately. Then the alarm usually sounds. But if i open all four doors and the boot, then close them again, the car usually locks, but only for a couple of times before the problem returns.
Any solutions would be gratefully accepted as I hate leaving my car unlocked and vulnerable.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Mine did that when I pulled the boot release at a petrol station instead of the filler cap one.
Forgot to close it and when I parked up at home, did same as yours.

Open and close boot, see what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rob3rto, I'll give it a try. I noticed the problem after washing the car. Is there anywhere the damp could get to cause problems?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 944 was the second stage in curing a mid life crisis. The first stage was a Ford Probe...don't s******. Crisis now over but the 156 seems to come with its own crisis management issues. Are door sensors a common problem. If so where are they located...and are they expensive?
Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same problem and only identified the cause when I kept getting the brake light warning light on the dash.

Basically when you open the boot there is a flexible conduit to the left hand side that has all sorts of wires in it which relate to brake lights, boot open and release etc. I carefully slit this open and found the wires to be either broken or frayed near broken. Cut and soldered then all and problems went away and have not returned.

I would suggest that this is a weak point that is probably made worse in cold weather as the plastic sheath on the wires becomes more brittle.

Worth a look and it also cured my boot light not working!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts