Alfa Romeo Forum banner

The longest phone talk you have ever participated in lasted for...

• Haven't ever talked on phone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than minute

• 1-5 minutes

• 6-15 minutes

• More than 5 hours

• I'm still on the phone :mad: (read: Other)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long is the longest phone call you have ever participated in???

Waiting for someone to answer doesn't count as in some customer service lines you have to wait for hours :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
around 2 hours :rolleyes: way back,when i was in the army.. with my girlfriend, because I missed her so :eek:

Ooh, and telephone calls with Mel are also legendary for their length.. usually 1,5 hours.. :D
It's about time we got that Skype thingy working :rant: ;)

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Definitely over 2 hours, with jenny when we were at University :eek:

About Skype: I see that it's a good idea, and a money saver, but if you have the necessary equipment to use skype, why not just use a computer-to-computer system, then it won't cost you anything at all?

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Isn't that what Skype does :confused:

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
BTW, you went to University?? :eek: :eek: :p ;) :D

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Wimster said:
Isn't that what Skype does :confused:
Oh, maybe it can do that then. My sister rang my normal telephone line using Skype the other day. Maybe it can do both.

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Wimster said:
BTW, you went to University?? :eek: :eek: :p ;) :D
Dropped out after a year :rolleyes: :eek: :p
Due to lack of money, not brains. Honest.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
bazza said:
Oh, maybe it can do that then. My sister rang my normal telephone line using Skype the other day. Maybe it can do both.
AFAIK, there's two ways of using skype:
computer to computer: free service, similar like MSN messenger
Computer to phone: paying service, but less than regular phone companies
feel free to correct me when i'm wrong ;) :D

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
I think you might have got it spot on there.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
I think around 3.5 hours. At least three times already. :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Well, a lot. A lot of times I've made phone calls over 2 hours long. I had a gf who was working near my place but on some weekends she drove to her parents place. And we talked all the way... by phone. :eek: I guess I was her guide. :lol: ;)

What about text messaging? Can you imagine that we (me and 147girl) spent one day texting to each other! I think it was something like that 200 messages? :eek: That's definitly my (and her) record. :D

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Not the longest call but perhaps the biggest Bill; we had an ISDN line put in at work so we could use it for the e mail server. The problem is when it was set up the e mail was dialling on line every minute, but dropping the connection if there was no traffic. This meant there was a call going through every 30 seconds or so at a minimum call charge of 5 pence, this went on for weeks without anyone realising......until a £12000 bill dropped thought the post. :eek:

Luckily we manged to talk BT out of it by swapping over to a different tarrif, but it certainly focussed our attention for a while. :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
12?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: ok I need a drink. :D

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Got a 2Hr 22 Min Ear Bashing from an Ex Girlfriend :( I was just to polite not to put the phone down on her. Lucky for me she called me from her mobile, would of hate to know how much she was charged for that call :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Longest phone call... something like 3 hours (or more)... don't really know... I was talking whit my friend... Don't really know why we were talking so long :rolleyes: Mother was furious to me, but I still can't understand why, it wasn't that long and expensive :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Over three hours the first time i spoke to my long lost sister on the phone. I found her on Genes reunited last autumn, and after a few msn messenger conversations, she phoned me for the very first time at about 8pm one night and it was approaching midnight when she went! One of the best phone calls i have have ever had :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts