Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my second mito today for september delivery
mito 1.6 jtdm-2 sportiva in etna black from autoworld chesterfield

last time we bought from them was a disaster on the customer service front but this time the sales man was very good and a deal we were more than happy with

had a series 1 mito 1.6 jtdm volce in alfa met red for 2 years and loved it to bits unfortunatley being a total fool i sold it to a dealer who offered me a very good price for it in px on a astra sport hatch diesel this car has turned out to be a bit of a pig gearbox whent on the way home from collection dealer did sort this but never trusted the repair,loss of power that i still havent been able to sort out eithen tho loads of money has been spent on it.

so decided today was the day to say by to the astra and back to a mito
quite like the new spec compared to my old 1 now includes
cruise control,touch screen info,rear park sensors,stopstar and some new interior bits.

just a long wait now till early september

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have one on order too. Original ETA was third week September now should be with the dealer for 1st Sep! Have a tough choice whether to collect it on the 1st or delay it until later in September after my holiday in Wales so that I put the extra miles on my current Mito before it is part ex'd.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its all gone to the wall today after the disaster last time with autoworld when buying my first mito i was hoping second time round would be better but ,got a call from autoworld at 9.30am today to confim all the details and give me a delivery date, was told yesterday sunday 4th that deliver was early september

dealer tells me if i want the car iv ordered it will be delivery in late november or early december 2013
im then told i can have a white one early september and should take this car or be prepared to wait sorry mr dealer i ordered a black one not white

iv just pulled my order as i feel this is unexceptable lenght of time to wait

on the other hand just been to beechdale derby alfa and bought a giulietta 1.6jtdm-2 sportiva brand new delivery confirmed for early september for less than the mito was going to cost and the customer service was excellent

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was told all along any factory order would be end October at the very earliest so I went for a car that was built and on its way to the UK. Autoworld must have known that too unless they were hoping to find a stock car of which there aren't many around.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
A bad time of the year to be ordering Alfa Romeos as almost every Italian factory closes for pretty much the whole of August and takes a little while to get going again in September. I used to work for an Italian company and we had to build stocks to carry us through the holiday period - always a gamble.
The only chance of decent delivery is to find a ready-built car which is probably sitting at Portbury Docks in Bristol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts