Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, well finally joined after reading the forums for the past.. too many years now

I'm on my second alfa - previously a great Atollo Blue '97 155 2.0 TS which I was very happy with but after 100K miles (and 4 years pretty much hassle free ownership - 1 new battery apart form the usual servicing stuff) I thought I'd better replace it before it was worth nothing.

So now on a 52 plate (so got the interior facelift, but still the classic (IMO) exterior) 156 2.4 JTD Veloce (so 150 BHP to play with again, but very different from the petrol horses) I'm liking the BOSE and although I probably wouldn't have bought the options myself, (as the second owner 18 months old when I got it) the optional front spoiler, side skirts and bit boot spoiler give it a different look, and the optional sports leather seats (grey with the red stiching and slidy under knee supports) are very nice.. Anyone know how long these were an option because I've not seen (m)any others with them ??

Having read many postings, the front suspension is getting a bit noisey (pretty common by the sounds of it with that heavy engine up front) And I've decided not to go for a remap.. although sorely tempted I can only see it ending up with a not so nice points tally !! Only other minor quible (already posted under the techie section) is a leaky boot.... but nothing wrong with the way it goes & handles !!!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and look forward to some replies.....

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome (former lurker) :) to AO

yes please to some pictures :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts