Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow Alfa lovers, haven't been on here for quite a while. Hope you and your better halves (your car) are ok.
I'm finally and slowly getting my S2 1.7 cloverleaf 33 back on the road.
Quick story:
Bought a modified 1.7 8v engine on ebay, claimed 135bhp (forgot to take a picture before started stripping it):

Stripped, cleaned/painted n rebuilt it as I wasn't sure how well it had been done:

Cleaned and sprayed engine bay black:

Now got to try n remember where the heck everything goes :confused:

I'm stripping an S3 33 P4 atm, intending on putting engine n running gear in my S2 but maxing the engine out first n making it RWD.

So if anyone wants anything (not that there's a lot left after all the things I need) just ask :D
I've got a few things on ebay and will be listing more soon (e.g. Recaro seats).
Selling the P4 steering wheel n boss atm n someone asked whether it will fit a S1 33. Does anyone know whether it will? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270621251129&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome back looking very nice:) nice engine detailing:thumbs: ciao daz

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
car

hi alex be good to see your car back on the road and hopefully fingers crossed get my veloce on the road as well ,just waiting on my parts car.
i think the p4 wheel will fit the early 33 but not 100 percent.
must meet up sometime when my car and yours are on the road as im near gatwick so not too much of a trek.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ta for the comments guys :thumbs:

hi alex be good to see your car back on the road and hopefully fingers crossed get my veloce on the road as well ,just waiting on my parts car.
i think the p4 wheel will fit the early 33 but not 100 percent.
must meet up sometime when my car and yours are on the road as im near gatwick so not too much of a trek.
Yeh I can't wait to get it back on road n enjoy the Alfa love once again, been too long! Deffo have to meet up when we are both up n running :thumbs:
What parts are you waiting for?
I think I've got all my parts just need to get my **** up n try n remember how it all goes back together lol.

lovely clean workshop :cool:
Oh shush :p I'm working on that too. Most of the mess is the insulation n plywood to line the walls as well as that pile of carpet tiles at the back which are now down...tell you what, tomorrow I will post another pic of it n you'll take that sarcasm back :lol: I hope :p

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
car

Ta for the comments guys :thumbs:

Yeh I can't wait to get it back on road n enjoy the Alfa love once again, been too long! Deffo have to meet up when we are both up n running :thumbs:
What parts are you waiting for?
I think I've got all my parts just need to get my **** up n try n remember how it all goes back together lol.

Oh shush :p I'm working on that too. Most of the mess is the insulation n plywood to line the walls as well as that pile of carpet tiles at the back which are now down...tell you what, tomorrow I will post another pic of it n you'll take that sarcasm back :lol: I hope :p
i need a fair few parts for my car as the previous owner sold loads of uprated parts off the car so he could get more money back but it looks like i have done a deal with my 145 cloverleaf for a 1.7 33 which has all the bits i need for mine:thumbs:.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i need a fair few parts for my car as the previous owner sold loads of uprated parts off the car so he could get more money back but it looks like i have done a deal with my 145 cloverleaf for a 1.7 33 which has all the bits i need for mine:thumbs:.
Oh right ok, what bits were you after as I've got a 33 I bought a while ago as a doner car which is only missing, engine, o/s front wishbones n front seats.

·
Registered
263 Posts
hello there Alex,

was wondering what you have left from the donor 33 or 33s you mention?

Looking for a pair of vented front brake calipers, the later type preferably, and essex is only a short drive from my side of london... tried PMing you, but your inbox is full.

All The Best

Joe

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello there Alex,

was wondering what you have left from the donor 33 or 33s you mention?

Looking for a pair of vented front brake calipers, the later type preferably, and essex is only a short drive from my side of london... tried PMing you, but your inbox is full.

All The Best

Joe
Cleared inbox n PM'd you :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
car

that looks a bit different from when i came down yesterday alex,it was nice to meet you and cheers for the parts.
i will let you know if i need anything else.:thumbs:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh spent another 3 hours sorting n tiding up :cool: Still got to sort the storage bit above :(
Was nice to meet you too Pat and your two little ones, they weren't so happy to be there though lol.
Yeh just give me a buzz anytime :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts