Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long shot, as its LHD and based in NL, but you never know on these forums. Car is based in NL, but im often over in the UK and bringing it with me would be no problem.

Only basic details here, to save me my life story! Obviously more details on request.

1998 Spider 2.0 Lusso. Phase II.
Nero 601 / Red MOMO leather.
180,000km (112k miles approx)
Manual roof

Stage 1 H&S Corse (Dutch Alfa racing team) engine upgrade, with CATCAMs and custom ECU remap. Approx 175bhp.

Brembo big brake conversion (166 4-pot callipers & 305x28mm Brembo discs). HEL SS flexi lines and new copper fixed lines. New std rear brakes.

17" Zender Siena wheels and almost new Vredestein tyres.

-30mm FK springs, KYB shocks, polybush rear end, Ultra Racing strut brace

-Recent exhaust manifold and 2-to-1. Good CAT. Then Ragazzon-CSC-Biscione stainless exhaust (almost new).

-Lots of trick engine bay bits incl. billet oil cap, stainless bolts etc.

-Both seats like new, iPOD CD player and better speakers.

-Oil changed every 3k miles. Incredible amount of maintenance (3/4 of the car is new!). Brand new rad, thermostat, engine mounts, gearbox, gearbox mounts, PCV system, gaskets, clutch, handbrake etc etc etc.

-Belts, tensioners and waterpump 1yr (3k miles) old.

-Almost new roof, 2nd set original wheels included, the list really goes on.

Price £6,500 / €8,000

Ta

Attachments

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Very nice that, always liked your Spider on various posts.

Lots of car and work for a fair price; looks like brand new :thumbs:

Great to have for annual European road trips being a left hooker. Hopefully you'll get some quick interest.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Obviously yours is a very desirable car but in UK market terms that is pricing it against a lowish mileage V6 Spider. Don't get me wrong I want to see values on the up but I do think it's a tad high even given the fabulous spec.
Continental prices are much higher than here. LHD V6's go for a top load of money and prices here are starting to go up, at last.

I think this Spider would be for someone here who wants it for Europe trips only, but the OP will more than likely sell in Netherlands.

Yes, you can get a UK V6 for around this money, if you can find one.

Edit that.. Just found a V6 Spider on eBay for £5,600 ... Little bit of tidying, fairly minor bits, but very nice order for the money!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, its more expensive than a UK market car. Thats why it will be a long shot on here. But the site attracts visitors from all over Europe and therefore it was worth the 5 mins to make an advert.

€6k would take it - so about £5k for a stage one modified car..... £1k worth of wheels, nearly £1k of exhaust, £1k of camshafts etc, £500 big brake conversion, new roof, basically a new car with all the stuff I have replaced !! :jester:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If i blow my gtv up at the ring in 2 weeks time, I think ill be having a word with the bank manager to give me monies to replace it with this
Ive always liked your spider euroboy

I take it the mustang is really good then?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mustang isnt here yet...

Originally the plan was to keep the Spider and mothball it... however the Mustang is now coming a good 4-5 months earlier than predicted, which is putting a bit of pressure on my car fund. With that in mind, it wouldnt be the worst idea in the world to move the Spider on (and it would give me space in the garage for the 'Stang)...

Having said that, its no emergency or forced sale, so I can afford to either hold out for what I want for the car, or indeed just keep it and mothball it and find the money another way. :)

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
The Mustang isnt here yet...

Originally the plan was to keep the Spider and mothball it... however the Mustang is now coming a good 4-5 months earlier than predicted, which is putting a bit of pressure on my car fund. With that in mind, it wouldnt be the worst idea in the world to move the Spider on (and it would give me space in the garage for the 'Stang)...

Having said that, its no emergency or forced sale, so I can afford to either hold out for what I want for the car, or indeed just keep it and mothball it and find the money another way. :)
Don't sell then! You know you don't really want to anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts