Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a long-time member, typically found lurking over in the 147 topic, but just dropped a deposit on a red 159ti 2.4 jtdm, reg WV08 VFS, currently up for sale near Portsmouth, it's a bit distinctive as it has fully black wheels, and may have been owned by a member.

It's on 67k miles, and appears to have had a fair bit of work carried out, and apart from the obligatory front tyres and rear springs, no mention of any DMF work, or other known issues - the service book is complete, having been serviced last about July 17 at 63k, cambelt and waterpump done in Jun 2016 (I think). It drives pretty well with no smoke or other concerns, the DPF did flag a warning, but was told the car didn't do many miles under last owner (service book reflects this), and being moved around the forecourt over a couple of months won't help,

It's keenly priced, albeit a bit scrappy in parts, and the seller could have spent a bit more time cleaning it up, but under the grime seems an honest car.

It's keenly priced, albeit a bit scrappy in parts, and the seller could have spent a bit more time cleaning it up, but under the grime seems an otherwise honest car - needs those wheels putting back to standard though!

I've been reading up on other issues, such as rusting subframe, swirl flaps and EGR issues - the seller has agreed to sort a few niggles, including checking the DPF, but anything else I should be worried about?

It'll be heading to Autolusso Bournemouth for the saturday surgery as soon as I can get it down there!

Hoping if all good to delete the EGR and swirl flaps, and give AHM's F1 remap a go.

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,044 Posts
Hi,

I'm a long-time member, typically found lurking over in the 147 topic, but just dropped a deposit on a red 159ti 2.4 jtdm, reg WV08 VFS, currently up for sale near Portsmouth, it's a bit distinctive as it has fully black wheels, and may have been owned by a member.

It's on 67k miles, and appears to have had a fair bit of work carried out, and apart from the obligatory front tyres and rear springs, no mention of any DMF work, or other known issues - the service book is complete, having been serviced last about July 17 at 63k, cambelt and waterpump done in Jun 2016 (I think). It drives pretty well with no smoke or other concerns, the DPF did flag a warning, but was told the car didn't do many miles under last owner (service book reflects this), and being moved around the forecourt over a couple of months won't help,

It's keenly priced, albeit a bit scrappy in parts, and the seller could have spent a bit more time cleaning it up, but under the grime seems an honest car.

It's keenly priced, albeit a bit scrappy in parts, and the seller could have spent a bit more time cleaning it up, but under the grime seems an otherwise honest car - needs those wheels putting back to standard though!

I've been reading up on other issues, such as rusting subframe, swirl flaps and EGR issues - the seller has agreed to sort a few niggles, including checking the DPF, but anything else I should be worried about?

It'll be heading to Autolusso Bournemouth for the saturday surgery as soon as I can get it down there!

Hoping if all good to delete the EGR and swirl flaps, and give AHM's F1 remap a go.
Just ran the plate on our system and we have never seen the car here

Ned

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ned,

I hadn't seen anything from Autolusso, plenty of receipts from some place called BGR...?

Not a problem, part of the fun is sorting the car out anyway..... just hope I'm not buying a pup!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts