Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been lurking here for a number of years on and off. I've got lots of useful info during that time, some very knowledgeable folks here abouts, so thought I'd give a little back if I can.

Long time Italian car fan, first car was a 1978 Fiat 131 Supermirafiori in Acid Green. Loved that car, 1.6 twincam, 5 speed 'box and various mates in Marina's etc. couldn't keep up :rotate:. A variety of boring company cars for a few years or so followed on with an '84 Giulietta, nice Alfa Red, transaxle and mad even for Alfa, electric window switches in the roof... Brief flirtation with a Ford Racing Puma, was fun for a while but couldn't live wth the ride quality or lack thereof in any form beyond back breaking. Enjoyed my time with a 08 Fiat Bravo 150T Sport, then decided it was time for something interesting so brought myself an 05 F/L 166 3.0 Sportronic with full TI kit. Probably the best car I've ever owed, we did 70K+ miles together, that engine is just in a league of it's own, even the 4 speed box couldn't hold it back, the noise was just, well you all probably know. That's now gone to a new home and being well looked after I'm happy to say and now I have a 16 Giulietta Veloce (QV) 1750 which I also love very much and looks amazing in Rosso Competizione with the dark 5 hole 'dials'.

During my time driving company cars I had lots of German metal and none of it apart from a MK2 Golf GTI (Big Bumper) ever gave me anywhere near the pleasure of even the old 'G' which was a bit of a pig frankly but getting in and holding the wooden steering wheel just made me smile.

Anyway probably enough from me now, thanks for reading if you got this far and hopefully I'll make a few posts of the G and 166 forums as I've learnt a thing or two over the years.

cheers all

c/

·
Administrator
86,816 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts