Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Alfa just keeps me smiling, just after Boxing day I had the joy of driving from North Wales to Cornwall to collect my children. Just a little over 700 miles return, this was repeated this Sunday when taking back my four boys to their mother.
1400 miles in a week, 20 hours each trip (thanks to traffic and road works) and what a joy, power from the engine when needed, comfort the interior and the thrill of not driving just another Ford, Audi or BMW. So many same old same old cars out there, in total I saw two 156's one black and a blue sportwagon and a nice little red spider.

My fears of fuel cost went out the window with each leg of the trip using only 3/4 of a tank of unleaded and oil consumption? Well half way from full to empty on the dip stick after 1400 miles.....did I mention I love my little Alfa? :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
sounds good and glad you have got the alfa bug after so many dull cars

there are so many fools out there who know so much about alfa without ever even being in one, more fool them

allitlia near wrexham are good for parts and repairs when you need them

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the Wrexham advice, in my landrover owning days we called them euro boxes... It's nice to stand out from the crowd.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Nice one :cool:

I drove my GTA from London to the Peak district last weekend, it was great fun.

We were running late on the way up so I booted it, we got there in just under 3 hours, 200 miles door to door :D -

My fuel consumption wasnt as good as yours though. 26MPG on the way up and 30 on the way down (cruising at 60-70).

The 1.6's are good on fuel, I got 40mpg out of my 1.6 in my old 145.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts