Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
London Tunnel Run anyone?

Whilst trawling the net I stumbled across an event for Sat 4th July 09.

Tunnel Run 09"

Looks like a few Barry Boys are going but if we can get enough AlfaOwners down there, it might make it a classy event. :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alfa302?

You're the crazy man who shoe horned a V8 in to an Alfasud aren't you?

I was watching a you tube clip of it earlier. :wow: Its a beauty! :thumbs:

You have my upmost respect for your act of lunacy. :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EVENT CANCELLED!

Sorry to inform you that this event has now been cancelled.

I received an e-mail today explaining why:

"Unfortunately the event has been cancelled due to the Police.
The team were informed today that members of the run have been previously involved in illegal acts whilst driving a car. More details of why the Police have shut this event day can be found by emailing the team.
Apologies for any inconvenience
Regards
The Team"

OperationAlfa advised me about this type of tunnel run event and suggested it wouldn't be good for Alfa's due to the type of idiots that went.
I have to say, good call Joe, you weren't wrong. :thumbs:

If anyone is after a good route through the tunnels, they're still available to download in either Google Maps or Tom-tom format.

Run Information

·
Regional Support South, Is there a meet near you?
2,884 Posts
Quite... was a bit suspect when I saw this..

Interesting when they said it was closed due to Illegal Activities.. it didn't ask for reg number when you registered so how would the police know? My guess is they didn't get clearance for it off the police.

I heard about the one of the big PH runs being affected by idiots doing donuts and generally annoying the police etc.. which is why they now have a closed forum for the tunnel runs now so you don't know when they're happening unless you're a member of that.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Quite... was a bit suspect when I saw this..

Interesting when they said it was closed due to Illegal Activities.. it didn't ask for reg number when you registered so how would the police know? My guess is they didn't get clearance for it off the police.

I heard about the one of the big PH runs being affected by idiots doing donuts and generally annoying the police etc.. which is why they now have a closed forum for the tunnel runs now so you don't know when they're happening unless you're a member of that.
I haven't e-mailed them back to find out more details but I suspect that is the case Jon.
I don't imagine the City Police would be too thrilled about this type of activity regardless of who's attending.
Being a reputable Rally company I expected it to be a little more organized. :rolleyes:

Well, you live and learn. I think I'll be sticking to the AO tunnel runs in future. :lol:

Anyway, its only two more years before they open the Hindhead bypass which will feature twin tunnels, 1.8km (1.1miles) in length.
Thats all the tunnel I need! :thumbs:

Highways Agency - A3 Hindhead Improvement

I shall enjoy my drive to Meridien Milano (Portsmouth) even more when thats open. :D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which is exactly why when we do ours we limit the number of cars and also make sure we have staff members present.

Anyway, I'll sort a run out next week :)
:cheese:

Nothing like putting the knife in. :lol:

Thanks Joe, your kindness warms me all over. :D

See you on the next run (where the number of idiots are limited :cheese:) :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts