Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,so im due to take delivery of my 147 on saturday and me being considered youth of today i need to be able to bang out my fake music as loud as possible when driving.

After reading multiple threads on this everyone seems very confused as do i. Considering some of these posts are quiet old i was wondering if people knew if it was to work on 147 ducati corse? As i saw people mentioning having the correct firm ware for it to work.

Is this the gizmo i need and how easy is it to install? Do you think the alfa dealer would install this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaupunkt-...&sr=8-2&keywords=blaupunkt+alfa+romeo+147+aux

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Is this the gizmo i need and how easy is it to install? Do you think the alfa dealer would install this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaupunkt-...&sr=8-2&keywords=blaupunkt+alfa+romeo+147+aux
That trick only works with the older Blaupunkt units - not sure exactly which model the cutoff is, but since the Ducati Corse is one of the later spec 147's I'd go ahead an assume that it wont work...

What you need is a slightly more expensive gizmo that tricks the head unit in to thinking it's got a CD Changer attached - e.g. the Connects2 CTAARUSB001.

It's a really easy DIY job, wouldn't dream of paying someone to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That trick only works with the older Blaupunkt units - not sure exactly which model the cutoff is, but since the Ducati Corse is one of the later spec 147's I'd go ahead an assume that it wont work...

What you need is a slightly more expensive gizmo that tricks the head unit in to thinking it's got a CD Changer attached - e.g. the Connects2 CTAARUSB001.

It's a really easy DIY job, wouldn't dream of paying someone to do it.
Perfect i shall buy this now :) thank you!

ps; (i was going to be cheeky see if they'd fit it for free)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Nope - you'll need to get them yourself (cheap enough). Although I expect if you do manage to convince the dealers to do it, they'll have the tools.

·
Registered
625 Posts
So for old blaupunkt units I can just use a generic "Bluetooth AUX in adaptor interface" cable and for the newer ones the more expensive "Alfa Romeo 156 147 USB Schnittstelle Connects2 CTAARUSB001". Is that right?

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
So for old blaupunkt units I can just use a generic "Bluetooth AUX in adaptor interface" cable and for the newer ones the more expensive "Alfa Romeo 156 147 USB Schnittstelle Connects2 CTAARUSB001". Is that right?
No, it's always a gamble if the simple cables will work, regardless of age of blaupunkt unit

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ah I see. And if the simple cable doesn´t work, you will need the Connects2 CTAARUSB001 and that´s it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
yes, it emulates a standard cd-changer
this is interesting. Once its plugged into the back of the radio, where does the black box go? Is that where you plug your hard drive/memory stick/card etc into so that would need to be accessible somewhere? Would it fit in the little money tray next to the drink holder under the radio?

Ty

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
this is interesting. Once its plugged into the back of the radio, where does the black box go? Is that where you plug your hard drive/memory stick/card etc into so that would need to be accessible somewhere? Would it fit in the little money tray next to the drink holder under the radio?

Ty
Wherever you like!

Some tuck it into the glove box, others just leave it in the footwell.

I have the CTAARBT001 model which has Bluetooth built in, so I just Bluetooth my phone to it directly and play through the stereo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wherever you like!

I have the CTAARBT001 model which has Bluetooth built in, so I just Bluetooth my phone to it directly and play through the stereo.
oooh thats even more interesting lol. I like the sound of that!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wherever you like!

aaah that says up to 2007 on their website, i have a 2008 Q2. Damn lol

·
Premium Member
7,688 Posts
aaah that says up to 2007 on their website, i have a 2008 Q2. Damn lol
for some reason, websites often make distinctions in production years for 147/gt, which is complete rubish, nothing ever changed over the years re obd etc., only minor cosmetic changes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts