Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I've seen people on here fitting these and I wasn't ok with the procedure, removing door cards, drilling holes into the door card, trim panels etc, so I invented a new solution, and if at any point you want to reverse what you've done all you have to do is buy and replace puddle lights, not too much expense or inconvenience, pictures below..........

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Guys, I've seen people on here fitting these and I wasn't ok with the procedure, removing door cards, drilling holes into the door card, trim panels etc, so I invented a new solution, and if at any point you want to reverse what you've done all you have to do is buy and replace puddle lights, not too much expense or inconvenience, pictures below..........
Great idea... So simple, why hasn't anyone thought of this before?! Nice one :cool:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revised Edition:

Just so cue2 doesn't go boo hoo I'm revising the original post, wherever you see the term 'door card' I mean door trim or door panel.....................

·
Registered
38,774 Posts
Revised Edition:

Just so cue2 doesn't go boo hoo I'm revising the original post, wherever you see the term 'door card' I mean door trim or door panel.....................
He he .
Next somebody will be referring to door mirrors as wing mirrors!

Nice idea. Might be a bit excessive with the illuminates scuffs.....

·
Registered
38,774 Posts
Eh? You been on the sauce? What does the above sentence mean?

Final photo from below the door, I think this is a very neat and practical solution!
As I've got the logo illuminated on my scuff plates your scheme would give my car two versions of the symbol. It is very neat and practical .

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a 19mm hole cutter that comes in the light kit, the puddle lights no longer function as they've been replaced with these projector lights which are just as if not brighter than the puddle lights............

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is a far easier and less intrusive method.

You can get self adhesive versions that require no modification to the puddle lights other then a very slight filing to allow the extra wiring to be plugged into the original bulb connection.

Here is a pic of the lights in operation. You can see the unit which also has the added bonus of amber LEDs when the door is open

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Just done this...thanks for the advice....works a treat.:thumbs:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Illuminated scuff plates

As I've got the logo illuminated on my scuff plates your scheme would give my car two versions of the symbol. It is very neat and practical .
Hi Cue, out of interest how did you get power to the scuff plates? Are there wires under the sill?

I have seen them and they are a nice touch. Anything to make our Bellas look better ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts