Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had trouble with the locking nuts. The tyres are in need of some more but can i get the wheels off can i chuff. I have gone through three keys now and they just will grip. Is there anything you can get to take the nut out? ????

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sheared the pattern off of my key last weekend so will drop in into main dealers to get the old keys off and fit a new set.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had this problem too, cheapo manky wheel nuts and a key made from cheese wasn't doing me any favours so I took it down the tyre place to give them the problem in case my neighbours heard my swearing and cursing, and for £30, they got all 4 off :wow: They have a shape memory alloy that moulds to the nut and goes hard, they said the tool can only handle about 140nm of torque though and that one tool should do all 4. It took them 6 tools to get the wheels off :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not worth it in my opinion, especially the cheap crap Alfa make the sockets from. I've always took them off, if someone wants to nick your wheels, those bolts aren't going to stop them if they know what they are doing. I mean, every tyre fitter or mechanic can get them off without too much effort...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts