Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed discs and pads yesterday, tightening the last locking nut up ( not over tightening by the way ) , wheel nut key snapped on the inside!
Wheels are now on wirh locking nuts but if I have a flat in stuffed

How do I get round it?

Will welding a bit to the lockers and twisting it off do it ?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I think there's a thread on here somewhere with a link to a company that can supply a key to pattern from a photograph. I've used them, turnaround was very quick, right key provided and job sorted. Until you get a replacement & spare key carry a can od squirty foam & a compressor for emergencies. Don't risk wrecking a wheel unless it becomes necessary!
Guy

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
As above you can get a replacement key from a decent picture,although I would get them off and throw them away and fit standard bolts.

The broken bit has it come out of the bolt or is it still in there? If still in there welding a nut on is best option the locking bolt removers won’t work if you have rotating ring on bolt. That needs chiselling off first which could ruin your wheel.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As above you can get a replacement key from a decent picture,although I would get them off and throw them away and fit standard bolts.

The broken bit has it come out of the bolt or is it still in there? If still in there welding a nut on is best option the locking bolt removers won’t work if you have rotating ring on bolt. That needs chiselling off first which could ruin your wheel.
It's come away from the locking key

1 - 7 of 7 Posts