Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided to change the all the belts in the spider , but unfortunatly we will not chance job without the proper locking tool for the camshaft , does anyone have one we can borrow around the end of this month for about two days .i will collect it and deliver back and personally take responsibility for it , we will also pay beforehand a deposit if required .any replys back will be appreciated and i am based in tralee co kerry regards m

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
It might help to say what engine is in your spider as there are different locking tools for different engines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cam locking tools wanted

any out there willing to loan me the tools for doin a timing belt kit for a 97 spider ? I will gladly reward them and pay deposit etc etc . need em over a weekend and when ever suits

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
EB Spares were hiring tools previously, not sure if they are still doing so & shipping each might make it cheaper to buy them & try to sell them on ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Probably too late now, but I have a set of locks.
Used them on my 156 previously.
Don't know if they would suit you or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi dr dave , have done nothing yet with the spider even though I have full kit purchased and ready to go.i believe the 156 is the same engine thanks a lot regards maurice

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Probably too late now, but I have a set of locks.
Used them on my 156 previously.
Don't know if they would suit you or not.
The 1.6 cam locks are different to the 1.8 and 2.0.
So if the cam locks are from a 1.8 or 2.0 they'll be fine if they're from a 1.6/2.5/3.2 they're different.

·
Registered
161 Posts
To be honest, I'm not sure which I have.
I used them on a 1.8 TS.
From what I can remember, they didn't seem to be a 100% perfect fit but did the job.
Longer bolts are a must!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not sure if you got this or not. I have all the tools if you need to borrow them........ The spider I have is for sale too :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts