Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will be aware that I have had two threads locked recently concerning the relationship between the following companies

Autolusso and SmartAlfa

Why such a draconian measure was necessary I can't understand. Like a number of you I have read various bits an pieces on the internet concerning these companies some favourable and some not. What I am concerned about is that when I seek some honest advice from members on this forum it is blocked.

We constantly ask for advice concening the reliability or otherwise of various trades people associated with Alfa Romeo and very useful it is too. Why then are people so touchy about this subject ?

I realise that Auto lusso are currently involved with the Bedford Track day and felt that given what I had read recently (heresay I might add) someone on here might be ably to come up with a definitive answer.

I'm not angry just a little disappointed and hope someone can shed some light in an objective sense on this matter, cheers

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
It was explained in the threads why they were locked. And if you're not angry, and simply seeking further explanation then a PM to a mod rather than a post in the Rant Room might have made more sense!

It is not draconian, it is not seeking to hide the past under a rug, it is simply because every time another thread is started it reveals absolutely nothing new, and just results in exactly the same members having exactly the same arguments, again, and again, and again.

If you do a forum search you will find more than you could ever want to know about it - and the complaint that it's all a mess and you can't find the info within it doesn't work, because that's exactly what your thread would have turned out like! :D

(Oh, and it'd all be heresay all over again!)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
I rarely do dirty washing in the open, but as you seem to want to do this, I will assist you with my responses on this matter.

You have sent me a PM/email which I have taken the time to answer a few times now, however you have given me no problems to deal with just half questions, there is currently no information to work with and no responses worth reading again, then you come here and post another thread?? :confused: (What were you thinking?)

This is a form of trolling in my book and if this continues, I am afraid we will take action. If you do want to ask real questions and not half ones, I am only too happy to answer them, therefore please be precise with the information you are requesting from us, no more sketchy/twisting of information!

Anyone that is reading this, I have no idea what this person is trying to achieve, there have been no real questions asked and no responses to my questions either, so for someone to come here to the rant room and post this type of message is clearly trolling and as such, will be dealt with in the same manner as a troll, we are no longer putting up with this, we do not like to loose anyone from the site but I cannot have time wasting messages when there is already enough to be done.

Just to reiterate, unless you send me real questions to answer, I cannot help you and therefore you have no right to complain. :tut: :)confused:)

A stunned Ian!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I must admit Der Teufel I did find it amusing that the last autolusso thread you raised got closed with only a single response ... that has to be some sort of record doesn't it??? :Lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Just to reiterate, unless you send me real questions to answer, I cannot help you

A stunned Ian!
Ok seeing as your asking for real questions, who played Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek film this year ?

I await your reply

Ray :lol:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, do they really taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
No idea what these 'half questions' were but I think the administrators on this forum are over-zealous. There seems to be a huge fear of being sued by some company but I don't agree with this attitude at all. If a company is [email protected], others should be told about it - accurately, of course, but told none the less. Then, the company in question will lose business and have to improve. That's the way things change. The 'let's not upset anyone' attitude is b*ll*cks and the reason why nothing ever changes and the useless companies stay in business :mad:.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
No idea what these 'half questions' were but I think the administrators on this forum are over-zealous. There seems to be a huge fear of being sued by some company but I don't agree with this attitude at all. If a company is [email protected], others should be told about it - accurately, of course, but told none the less. Then, the company in question will lose business and have to improve. That's the way things change. The 'let's not upset anyone' attitude is b*ll*cks and the reason why nothing ever changes and the useless companies stay in business :mad:.
I disagree. Companies will not improve just becuase you chuck a load of mud at their name.

I could start a load of threads saying "Mr Rome did this to me!"*. When you reply and it gets heated, the thread is closed. So I start another.... same result. If I do that enough.... your reputation will no doubt get tarnished, however rightly or wrongly. The "No smoke without fire" mentallity will win, and the damage is done.
Will you improve??? Unlikely. You might not actually need to improve. It was just me reacting to a situation.

*Please note Mr Rome is a jolly good chap who has outstanding taste in cars. He didn't actually do anything to me. Honest. And I dont know (or want to know) what the issue is with the dealer. This is just my response to a post.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
*Please note Mr Rome is a jolly good chap who has outstanding taste in cars. He didn't actually do anything to me. Honest. And I dont know (or want to know) what the issue is with the dealer. This is just my response to a post.
thats not what you told me earlier.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
No idea what these 'half questions' were but I think the administrators on this forum are over-zealous. There seems to be a huge fear of being sued by some company but I don't agree with this attitude at all.
Why assume that is the reason behind this, when I have clearly stated the actual reason in the very first reply to this thread?

Thanks for telling us how crap we are based on a premise you've just made up though. :thumbs:
It's good to feel appreciated :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I disagree. Companies will not improve just becuase you chuck a load of mud at their name.
'Chucking mud' at their name is not what I suggested! Advising others when a firm has done a poor job or lied is not the same and should be encouraged, to weed out the dodgy firms. The Internet is extremely powerful and companies WILL lose custom if the comments are accurate.

I could start a load of threads saying "Mr Rome did this to me!"
I understand your point and there will always be some people who do this but you should not stop legitimate complaints being aired to prevent the 1 in a thousand who abuse it. A single person complaining about a firm who has many other happy customers will make no difference. But genuine poor work which is highlighted will have the desired effect in the end. I repeat, pressure of this type is how things change -and it's the only way they change. Even Governments and big institutions change when they get enough pressure from the public ;)

Thanks for telling us how crap we are based on a premise you've just made up though
Oh, I see, calling you over-zealous = calling you crap! And, just to clarify for everyone out there, I made nothing up at all. I have seen the same attitude when others were explaining about poor work at a particular garage, one of which bordered on the criminal. Moderators jumped in and said 'don't use the name of the garage or we may get sued'. So, next time you react, try for some accuracy yourself, Bazza.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Oh darn it. You've only gone and upset Bazza now.

If anyone crap here its me. I should have been back to work 10 minutes ago but decided to do flexi-time this afternoon. I will reprimand myself accordingly.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I understand your point and there will always be some people who do this but you should not stop legitimate complaints being aired to prevent the 1 in a thousand who abuse it. A single person complaining about a firm who has many other happy customers will make no difference. But genuine poor work which is highlighted will have the desired effect in the end. I repeat, pressure of this type is how things change -and it's the only way they change. Even Governments and big institutions change when they get enough pressure from the public ;)
You missed my point. How do I as a bystander know what complaint is "legitimate" and whats not? How do I know poor work was done? I only have an irate customers word for it and the ensuing complaints are fueled by escalated emotions. Red mist can often cloud the details and its impossible to reason till things cool off.

As someone who has worked in a dealership and responsible for the Sales Customer Service, I can say I was astounded sometimes by the punters expectations. Some even hold to the sentiment that the customer is always right. This might be a shocker for you.... but sometimes.... a lot of the time...... customers get it wrong. A sensible dealer or garage wont get involved in the mudslinging.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.