Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 1,9 JTS - petrol. The ac/cabin fan is completely dead, and he has asked me to help him look for the control relay. I figured it would be a good idea to ask here if anybody can point us in the right direction before we start looking? A picture/tech drawing would obviously be of great help if needed in order to find it....
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
The fuse for the fan is 40 amp and in the fuse box just behind the battery if it's the same as a Brera. I'm not sure if there is a relay as such or whether it's switched/controlled by the module, wrongly referred to as the resistor. Mines also packed up but it was due to the motor itself getting tight, which over time ended up melting some of the wiring and also burnt out the "resistor" Fingers crossed yours isn't the same.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Have a look in the attached wiring diagrams below.
The heater fan motor (N085) is connected directly to the battery through the 150A and 40A (B001) fuses.
The climate controller (M070) controls the digital "resistor" (M072) which by a pulse width signal regulates the heater fan speed.

To debug the problem you need to check if the fan motor runs freely as Bill mention.
Electrically you should always measure 12V or more on pin A of the fan motor (reference to ground (Chassis).
If the control work correctly you should measure voltage between 0V (full speed) and a voltage closer and closer to 12V (depending on the fan speed) on pin B of the fan motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Got mine back today with new fan motor and control unit. £550 ouch! but at least I now have a working heater and windows that don't mist up so nice and ready for the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts