Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have been attempting to find my EGR valve and Map sensor but cant find any diagrams online anywhere. I have black smoke on acceleration (turbo pipes already checked and replaced) and read on here they could do with a clean...
Does anyone have a picture of a 156 2.4 jtd engine that can help me out? Please............. x x

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
EGR valve - the gold/bronze/silver mushroom looking thing at the topof the front of the engine.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that one x completely buggered on the other, i guess im looking the right thing to clean?

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
I don't think your MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) will be faulty. Your MAF meter (mass air flow) might be though, if you look into the engine bay you will see an upside-down U-shaped pipe at the front of the bay, follow this down (right hand side as you are looking from in front of the car) and you will see just above the air filter box there is the electrical connection for the MAF meter. You could unplug this and go for a drive, if it feels better and smokes less you need to replace the MAF meter.

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
MAF meter is about a hundred quid, but if it drives better unplugged you may as well try cleaning the old one, seen as you'll be replacing it anyway.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to do what i can to avoid spending money at the moment.!!
Just had brake discs and pads done and there are a few other things that need doing too.

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
Good news, glad she's running better. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts