Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just purchased a Dension Gateway bluetooth lite for my 159 with Blaupunkt 939 head unit. Seems to be working well, however I couldn't work out where to plug in the telephone mute lead. Is this needed? If so where does it go?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just purchased a Dension Gateway bluetooth lite for my 159 with Blaupunkt 939 head unit. Seems to be working well, however I couldn't work out where to plug in the telephone mute lead. Is this needed? If so where does it go?
It's just occurred to me that the mute connector is probably being used by the Blue&Me unit. So I guess I will need to disconnect that? However I have read that this can cause problems with the odometer flashing. Is there an easy way around this?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If you have a look at the thread below you will see the 159 connection diagram. There are no leads specifically for telephone mute etc. it is all controlled through CAN1 and CAN2.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-...972730-alfa-159-switch-live-and-ctsar002.html

Disconnecting B&M will cause flashing ODO. MultiECUScan should be able to turn that off but I couldn't get MultiECUScan to connect to the body computer on my car so left B&M connected.

B&M does not control telephone mute etc. it is only BlueTooth and voice control. Steering controls are direct to head unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a look at the thread below you will see the 159 connection diagram. There are no leads specifically for telephone mute etc. it is all controlled through CAN1 and CAN2.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-...972730-alfa-159-switch-live-and-ctsar002.html

Disconnecting B&M will cause flashing ODO. MultiECUScan should be able to turn that off but I couldn't get MultiECUScan to connect to the body computer on my car so left B&M connected.

B&M does not control telephone mute etc. it is only BlueTooth and voice control. Steering controls are direct to head unit.
Actually I've realised that I can connect to both Blue&Me and the Dension Bluetooth at the same time, so when a call comes in the Blue&Me handsfree takes over which is perfect as I'd prefer to keep Blue&Me for calls anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever figure out the answer to this? I'm installing a dension lite bt in my 2006 alfa 159 (no blue & me) and don't know what I'm supposed to do with the mute cable...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts