Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the engine number is located on the engine?

I'm in the process of selling my 147 and I promised the buyer to give him the car with roadworthy. Took it for roadworthy and now the guys are saying they can't see the engine number so can't give me roadworthy.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Anyone know where the engine number is located on the engine?

I'm in the process of selling my 147 and I promised the buyer to give him the car with roadworthy. Took it for roadworthy and now the guys are saying they can't see the engine number so can't give me roadworthy.
Don't worry, this has happened before. If your engine really has no engine number stamped on then you should first obtain police clearance with your original registration docs which will include the engine number that your car should have. They will then arrange for that engine number to be permanently stamped into your block. Do not be alarmed. A guy with a hammer and letter punches will literally come from somewhere and stamp the numbers in manually, and it will look as though the numbers have been tampered with. This is normal procedure in SA. Even where original engine numbers had been etched into the metal and became invisible due to acid spillage (battery leaking).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts