Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i am looking at organising a local meet for all the peeps around the shefford/hitchin/stevenage/luton area (and northampton for you odyssey!) so that we can have a get together where we don't have to travel too far! i am open to suggestions for meet locations as i am just guaging interest at the moment. one possibilty is the stondon motor museum Stondon Transport Museum which is about a mile from my house (and i still haven't been!) but as i say, i am open to other suggestions. looking to do it this month if poss. if we get enough interest i will put an event thread up and get all organised!

sorry if i am treading on any area reps toes, just trying to get a bit of local fun going on :thumbs:

so, lets get cracking peeps!

·
Registered
12,821 Posts
Was thinking along the same lines, I have been to 2 Lincolnshire and 1 East Anglia meets, all good, but it would be nice to have regular meets more local. Bedford and Northants has a lot of members and we seem to be in the middle of a few areas but all over 50 miles away. Posted a blog around Christmas time, had a lot of views and asked for comments but got no replies so thought no-one was interested, lets hope this happens, I am definately up for more local meets....:thumbs:.....will have a chat at Epsom and go fom there....:HAPPY:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool mike! i am sure we will get limey at some point too, he just doesn't know it yet :lol: yeah, we will try to gather support on sunday, i need to get a Northants and Beds flag or something sewn up to fly from my car!! what's royston like anyway? always been past, but never in. must have a look sometime.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
sorry if i am treading on any area reps toes.
Not at all. A regular meet in that neck the woods would be spot on. :thumbs:

Come find me on Sunday, if we get chance we can run through some ideas. :)

Any idea of how many are interested at the minute?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only about 4 or 5 at the moment, but i'm pretty sure there will be more. i'll catch you on sunday :thumbs:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Royston is not what you would call exciting,no decent pubs really. However lots good driving roads and pubs in surrounding villages.You can also look at my race cars. Mike

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Royston is not what you would call exciting,no decent pubs really. However lots good driving roads and pubs in surrounding villages.You can also look at my race cars. Mike
It does have a rather good Alfa garage tho.

Definitely up for North Herts or South Beds meets:thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
hi all,

i am looking at organising a local meet for all the peeps around the shefford/hitchin/stevenage/luton area (and northampton for you odyssey!) so that we can have a get together where we don't have to travel too far! i am open to suggestions for meet locations as i am just guaging interest at the moment. one possibilty is the stondon motor museum Stondon Transport Museum which is about a mile from my house (and i still haven't been!) but as i say, i am open to other suggestions. looking to do it this month if poss. if we get enough interest i will put an event thread up and get all organised!

sorry if i am treading on any area reps toes, just trying to get a bit of local fun going on :thumbs:

so, lets get cracking peeps!
hi lee nice meeting you yesterday, count milton keynes in this group :thumbs:

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
now i've had my first meet, Im feeling quite tempted....

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll try to do some organising and scouting about his weekend. feel free to suggest venues/roads etc.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Royston may not be that exciting but it has to be a tad more interesting than South Mimms Service Area on a cold, dark, wet and wind swept Sunday night in the middle of flaming winter:lol:

Sorry Nick, no offence!!!:thumbs: You do a brillient job.

By the way, Royston.........Do I need a passport????:lol:

·
Registered
12,821 Posts
Looking good lee, 10 showing interest......:thumbs:......all we need now is a venue and a date, a few are going to Donington on the 7th March so if we don't get anything arranged before then, we can put our heads together there......

·
Registered
12,821 Posts
Boo hoo...............:cry: Poor Cambridgeshire :cry::cry::cry:
Might let you in.......:lol:...if you behave......:NANA:

2 days to go, still time to change your mind....:lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Royston may not be that exciting but it has to be a tad more interesting than South Mimms Service Area on a cold, dark, wet and wind swept Sunday night in the middle of flaming winter:lol:

Sorry Nick, no offence!!!:thumbs: You do a brillient job.
Borrocks to you. :bum:

You wait until you've visited Royston. You'll be begging to stand in the cold at South Mimms. :lol:

.....and if you're not.. :wantsome:

By the way, Royston.........Do I need a passport????:lol:
No need for a passport but don't mention your wife and sister are different people. They'll know you're from out of town. :lol:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hehe,

I would come but MK -> Royston is a PITA on some crummy roads so roll on South Mimms.
Good luck with the meet.

GK

1 - 20 of 33 Posts