Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you?

Just been watching 'man vs food' as they cook a live lobster, served as whole, and chowed down! I don't think I could do that! :BLINK:

But then half the foods they show on there I couldn't! they really go crazy! :lol:

(It's on now on Dave btw!)

M

·
0 Posts
We used to kill the lobsters with a knife through the brain....nice.....before cooking them.

We also used send them to sleep by standing them on their claws and rubbing a knife gently up and down their back :lol:............I must add that this didn't in any way harm them, and we didn't let them fall over when they woke either.

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Couple of hours in the freezer puts them in a coma I was told, put them in the water and they're dead before they wake up again. Knife swiftly through the top of the head works too :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
We also used send them to sleep by standing them on their claws and rubbing a knife gently up and down their back :lol:............I must add that this didn't in any way harm them, and we didn't let them fall over when they woke either.
Oh, I dunno, that sounds like it might make them want to mate? :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Oh, I dunno, that sounds like it might make them want to mate? :lol:
:lol: They were certainly quite 'excitable' when they woke...........it was at this stage that we would have races with them :lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
In Peru, you have to catch the guinea pig you want deep frying for your tea from the moving furry carpet of some mad Peruvian woman's kitchen.
She made us stroke them so they were nice and relaxed before they got thrown in the hot oil... And because it's hot they sort of spreadeagle themselves. And that's what you get on a plate.

It wasn't the nicest thing I've eaten, but probably not the worst.

Lobster on the other hand... nom nom nom.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's a great honour for Guinea pigs to be eaten... it's a really special, celebratory dish. :)

Guinea Pigs are very special to Peruvians, the animals are pampered through their life they often have the free run of the house, however most celebrations or holidays involve the consumption of deep fried guinea pig so at some point a few will be picked for the celebrations. Most animals we eat do not get treated as well as Peruvian Guinea pigs are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts