Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had experience of squeezing in another set of seats in their 147? I've just bought a very nice (I hope!) set of leather seats with the intention of swapping out my original cloth seats. I shall be collecting them but would like to know if it is actually possible to load them in my 147 with my original seats in situ or should I remove what I can before collecting?

S

·
0 Posts
Not a 147, but I have done just this in a Sierra saloon. New rears on the old rears, new passenger seat, upside down on the existing passenger seat and new drivers seat in the boot. Job done.

S

·
0 Posts
Take a load of rags and duct tape, the frames of seats are sharp as you like and will happily rip into each other, and you if given a chance.

I used a ratchet strap to hold the passenger seat in place with dozens of tea towels duct taped over the runner ends etc.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Yes ive done this and you can fit them in. Drop the seats down in the back and you can load them in no worries.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advise guys, very helpful to know and to take a load of sheets and straps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts