Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is only week 3 of brera ownership. So far I'm really really impressed. The car was remapped by the garage in UK Italia Speed. They Rekoned it is up around 275bhp. I have no idea if this is true as I have not driven standard car. The acceleration is however incredible power delivery from around 2000rpm is constant and very smooth. The car is clocking around 80mph at 1800rpm and fuel consumption is around 45mpg. I have seen the mpg climb as far as 60mpg. It does go up to 99.99 but this can't be correct. Most of my driving is on motorways and some back roads. I still haven't the confidence to push the car on these roads as the wheels feel they are not on the ground. Any bits of the road which in the past I thought were long straights are now nearly short bursts. The amount of turns I have missed on the motorway is unreal as they seem to come up a lot quicker. It is my intention to limit the top end for everyday use as it is only a matter of time before I start collecting points. I have no doubt of the cars supposed top end as when accelerating 120 comes up very very quick. It's ideal crushing speed seems to be around 80 unfortunately this is above the max speed of 120kmph loving my brera and still getting the hang of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like you are having an amazing time with the Brera I want one.. Quick question is the MPG you getting the actual mpg on the tank or the MPG that the computer reports you average ? .. My 159 1.9jtdm averages 60 MPG accn to the trip computer but actually gets about 49 when I have checked at the tank, its been remapped etc still good but not the 60 it promises. :)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Sounds like you are having an amazing time with the Brera I want one.. Quick question is the MPG you getting the actual mpg on the tank or the MPG that the computer reports you average ? .. My 159 1.9jtdm averages 60 MPG accn to the trip computer but actually gets about 49 when I have checked at the tank, its been remapped etc still good but not the 60 it promises. :)
Sound like the real time MPG is being used, not the average.

Would be good to know the average. I am tempted by the Brera, but the MPG is very poor from what I have read. Shame.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have owned my Brera 2.4 for just over a year and done about 5000 miles in it. Most of the mileage has been done on the continent and pretty much always a long run. It is an amazing car for munching miles, and a 500 mile stint just comes and goes, brilliant. Mine started life as a 210bhp, I have since had an Alfatune remap deleting the EGR, no idea what the numbers are now and to be honest I am not really interested. It's performance is more than adequate for my use. I only have two issues, lack of stowage space and I could do with a bigger boot, neither is a deal breaker. Fuel consumption is very acceptable, motoway MPG in the UK is around 40mpg, on the continent it is nearer 32-35 MPG depending on traffic and speed. When I think about the MPG numbers I have to accept that although not amazing, I am travelling at speeds fr greater that most of the Alfa petrol versions I have had previously. So would I have another, well no not a diesel, the noise on start up and driving slowly through town drives me nuts. I will say that on the open road at speed, the sound is pretty good, go figure.
My two pence worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts