Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Sounds good to me. It would be good for general chit chat for recent hot topics such as whether Lilly Allen is cool or not :lol: The more serious Alfa servicing and maintenance discussions need to be kept as forums so that we can search them.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Damn. We thought it was live webcam chat:( I was already on the way to the bathroom for kleenex before I noticed :lol:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Damn. We thought it was live webcam chat:( I was already on the way to the bathroom for kleenex before I noticed :lol:
:cheese::lol::cheese:

Live web chat would mean people not raising their post count - Don't think Bradders would be voting for this '1' :cheese::lol::cheese:

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
might be down to moderation, but from what i recall, the live chat we did have had bugs in it which could not be rectified (?)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
We had chat not long ago.

Everyone preferred posting in the IPT.
Not quite, Nev. Eons ago the chat room was a busy, active, multi-national place. It really served to create and cement a number of relationship, not to mention provide some fun, friendly encounters amongst members who didn't know each other well at all. Heck there were even a bunch of times when non-members (and non-Alfa owners) popped in, and joined in the conversation.

It was perfectly common to see British, Danish, Portuguese, Guatemalan, Dutch, Belgian, Finish, Canadian, and Australian members all there at the same time -- which given the wide differences in time zones, was quite a feat. I really do miss those days. :(

Oh, and for the record, we even succeeded in having the odd live, video chat -- well at least those members with web-cameras would hook them up during the chat sessions for all the others to see.

As for the IPT people, they seemed to be the ones who didn't like the chat room or couldn't get the software to work. They then became their own forum sub-group.
--Toronto

·
Administrator
86,493 Posts

·
Administrator
45,074 Posts
Yes, at one point, in the dim and distant past, we had chat software which worked pretty well, and much chatting was done.
But there was a software change, and the new version didn't work very well at all, and therefore died a death.

Were a good, reliable, easy to use, chat option to be added here, I'm pretty sure it would be successful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts