Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you just hate the youth of today (aged between 8 and 15)??

I took my car out of the garage this morning and noticed that some little eejit had written on my boot (it was wet from the rain)

"*****ng Clean me!"

Granted my MiTo is a little dirty (I was in London all day yesterday and the missus had the car) and I don't get the chance to clean it until the weekends etc.

But was there really any need?

Little ****s! :rant:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:lol: come on you have to see the funny side of that ... no harm done ...

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
if thats the worst a wee yoof does to your car be thankful, i've had my back lights broken, my door keyed and dented, my bonnet dented and my dust caps stolen not to mention a traffic cone smacked up the front of it.:lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
james thats the joy of little ******s in ni. i had the arieal stole of my car 7 times in 1 month an then the back windows smashed.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My valve caps last about a week if I put aluminium ones on - the Alfa ones didn't last one evening. Got black plastic ones now:(

Somebody wrote 'The Stig' on the rear bumper of mine Tw**'s.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how can you have any idea that it was a kid ??? could have been anyone!
I now know that it was a kid (approx age around 14) as I have CCTV over my front door pointing to the driveway at where the car is when not in the garage and have proof that they did it.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
:lol: come on you have to see the funny side of that ... no harm done ...
you can actually scratch the paint doing that, had it done not that funny:rant:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Yes true HST, but some people are very protective of their cars. Maybe for some (like myself), it's their most valuable possesion, so fair play to them getting annoyed. I would.

H

·
0 Posts
I'm protective of my car, but if it gets dirty and somebody writes something like that I'll tend to have a wry grin, and think 'Yep, fair play. Should have cleaned it days ago'

It's a commonly forgotten fact that we were all young and stooopid once

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'm protective of my car, but if it gets dirty and somebody writes something like that I'll tend to have a wry grin, and think 'Yep, fair play. Should have cleaned it days ago'

It's a commonly forgotten fact that we were all young and stooopid once
Maybe so.

I was brought up with the value of you don't touch what you can't afford and what isn't yours or don't have permission to. Maybe it is just an out of date thing these days - who gives a crap whose it is, lets just do what we want.

H

·
0 Posts
Maybe so.

I was brought up with the value of you don't touch what you can't afford and what isn't yours or don't have permission to. Maybe it is just an out of date thing these days - who gives a crap whose it is, lets just do what we want.
I think people tend to overreact to what is nothing more than a lighthearted childish prank.

·
0 Posts
Both of my sons write stuff on mine to wind me up :mad: :mad:

Still love 'em though :lol:

Some of the comments are funny ;)

Mine recieved a 5 inch 'gash' the other day while parked up & I would love to give the culprits car a good kicking

That is a 'real' offensive on bodywork

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
tbh, im sick of people and youth, scum, touching what doesnt belong to them, what ever it is, if ever find the little **** that scratched my roof down to the primer, id use his head to polish my car.

and as for writing when dirty, on a van yeah funny, but someones personal posesion, nah, chop their fingers off.

so HST, if some one wrote on your dirty car, then when you came to clean it, the little bits of grit had scratched the paint where it was written on, you would be able to laugh it off??:confused: :eek:

there aint any respect for peoples personal items anymore, and it ticks me off

wish i had your patience

H

·
0 Posts
so HST, if some one wrote on your dirty car, then when you came to clean it, the little bits of grit had scratched the paint where it was written on, you would be able to laugh it off??:confused: :eek:
Yes I would, because my car is worth next to nothing. If it were worth a decent amount then it would be garaged so nobody could get near it.

I get wound up by a lot of things, (normally at myself rather than other people) but a few yoofs having a giggle isn't the end of the world.

Any of us here can say they didn't do anything to upset or annoy anyone during their youths? :confused:

and why is it acceptable to write in the dirt on a van but not a car? The van is somebody's personal possession too (even if it's not the bloke actually driving it)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Yes I would, because my car is worth next to nothing. If it were worth a decent amount then it would be garaged so nobody could get near it.

I get wound up by a lot of things, (normally at myself rather than other people) but a few yoofs having a giggle isn't the end of the world.

Any of us here can say they didn't do anything to upset or annoy anyone during their youths? :confused:

and why is it acceptable to write in the dirt on a van but not a car? The van is somebody's personal possession too (even if it's not the bloke actually driving it)
usually company owned, like ours, not personal to anybody:D

i did cherry knocking as a kid, i wasnt a vandel, start scratching paint on cars now, what do they turn into, joyriders that set cars alight, stop em while there young:thumbs: thats my oppinion:thumbs: ;)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

some people take pride in their car, no matter what its worth, some care more than others;)

usually company owned, like ours, not personal to anybody:D

i did cherry knocking as a kid, i wasnt a vandel, start scratching paint on cars now, what do they turn into, joyriders that set cars alight, stop em while there young:thumbs: thats my oppinion:thumbs: ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts