Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little Richard has passed away aged 87.:(
One of the true greats and early pioneer of Rock'n'Roll
Look up flamboyant in the dictionary and there's a picture of Little Richard :)

I love this version of Eddie Cochran's "Somethin' Else", Little Richard (in 1994 when he was a mere 61 years old) duetting with Tanya Tucker:

·
Administrator
45,657 Posts
How I was introduced to Little Richard:

·
Administrator
45,657 Posts
Two fabulous singers take on Eddie Cochran's brilliant song and take it to a new level. Absolutely unbelievable. Can't help wondering what music Eddie Cochran would have produced if he had lived. What a talent...this is a supreme song.
It almost makes me want to leave the spammer in place - just to work out what the hell this is supposed to mean in the context of a song which wasn't written by Cochran.

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It almost makes me want to leave the spammer in place - just to work out what the hell this is supposed to mean in the context of a song which wasn't written by Cochran.
Well I'm glad you quoted him/her for posterity!
Apparently the song was co-written by Eddie's girlfriend and brother, and maybe we should credit the performer with having had some creative input too?
To take but one example for comparison, his contemporary Elvis Presley wasn't renowned for his songwriting (read I don't think he ever wrote one) but has nevertheless been dubbed The King for his musical contributions :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts