Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i think this has been done sort of in the things i like about my giulia thread but i though it would be useful to have a dedicated thread for it, what what neat little things have you discovered in the giulia that others may have missed. im reacquainting myself with mine so have forgotten some bits.

things like the alfa picture in the phone display, the needles flashing as you get in, using the paddles to engage N and D etc.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I really like the ZF-HP8 gearbox, I've had a couple of cars with this 'box and it's always impressed me. I prefer it to the double-clutch equipped cars I've had.

When I first considered the Giulia I immediately checked what gearbox it had and that was another box (hmm) ticked.

There's an interesting & detailed technical review of the HP8 here for any gearbox anoraks out there.

Saturation Dive: The ZF 8HP 8-Speed Automatic Transmission

·
Registered
167 Posts
Please put pictures in this thread. Mine is on order and some of these touches sound pretty cool.
I didn't realise you could use the paddles to select N and D...

WM

·
Registered
103 Posts
Being able to select neutral with the paddles was essential on the ice rink I found myself on last week! Really missed a clutch that day!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The undocumented push forward of the control dial to bring up the main menu and the fact that as you scroll to each the background changes to that selection, even without actually selecting it.
can you elaborate?

is it so if you push it fwd when in say media or nav it goes to main menu? (like pressing the button that takes you there?)

and background i cant work out what you mean?

i will have to have a look tonight.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please put pictures in this thread. Mine is on order and some of these touches sound pretty cool.
I didn't realise you could use the paddles to select N and D...

WM
i forgot to put foot on break when trying to go back to d via paddles at the traffic lights the other day! sat there for 10 secs wondering wtf it wouldnt change!

·
Registered
188 Posts
can you elaborate?

is it so if you push it fwd when in say media or nav it goes to main menu? (like pressing the button that takes you there?)

and background i cant work out what you mean?

i will have to have a look tonight.
Pressing the big dial forward brings up icons for different areas to jump straight to them, eg radio, media, navigation etc.
As you choose between these, the background changes to the relevant one - it is faded out and blurred though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Some nice touches design wise include the internal door handle design mirroring the front headlight design when lights are on) with the upside down stylised "G" used on the Guilia badge on the rear trunk. Next time you get in the car you will notice the interior door handles and their design. Nice subtle touch tying the design elements together...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I expect it will refer to (insert German brand) where every **** has one.
oh yeah could be. that no fair on those of us who have german cars though :(

as per PH im a tw*t not a c*nt..analogy still holds though i guess as its a synonym!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some nice touches design wise include the internal door handle design mirroring the front headlight design when lights are on) with the upside down stylised "G" used on the Guilia badge on the rear trunk. Next time you get in the car you will notice the interior door handles and their design. Nice subtle touch tying the design elements together...
thats a good one, havent picked up on that yet, will have a look in the morning.

·
Registered
35,188 Posts
oh yeah could be. that no fair on those of us who have german cars though :(

as per PH im a tw*t not a c*nt..analogy still holds though i guess as its a synonym!
But the car with the most gynocological shaped grille, other than an Edsel, is an Alfa Romeo though. Some would say.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts