1,704 Posts
Which model?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Which model?
Ooops! schoolboy error.

Stelvio Veloce, petrol 280bhp. (I'm asking on the Giulia forum because it's the same engine and this is where the brains are).:)

Reactions: CABBLACK

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Ooops! schoolboy error.

Stelvio Veloce, petrol 280bhp. (I'm asking on the Giulia forum because it's the same engine and this is where the brains are).:)
4th or 36k service includes Aux belt, brake fluid, pollen and air filters, oil change. Plugs are a bit further away IIRC. You may need pads either axle depending on usage but that is always an extra wear item on top of service schedule. Repeat my mantra "Service Care Pack". ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I now pay homage to your SCP mantra MG, but can you only buy a max of three services or can you buy more at a later date? I'm thinking, get the three service pack after the first service next year (I collect a new car in two weeks) leaving the second and fourth expensive services covered by the SCP.
The obvious flaw to this hair-brain plan is that the SCP could be withdrawn in the next twelve months.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
I now pay homage to your SCP mantra MG, but can you only buy a max of three services or can you buy more at a later date? I'm thinking, get the three service pack after the first service next year (I collect a new car in two weeks) leaving the second and fourth expensive services covered by the SCP.
The obvious flaw to this hair-brain plan is that the SCP could be withdrawn in the next twelve months.
If your car is brand new, you can buy the Easy Care service plan for upto 5 years. It's on the Alfa Configurator site under additional options. In case the dealer says its only for factory orders (don't think so) , you can always buy the Service Care Plan I quoted for the first 3 years @£499, you can then buy 2 more services at the end of 3 years/services @£349. This plan is valid for cars upto 5 years old.

I am now sounding like a service plan seller!!! o_O :LOL:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If your car is brand new, you can buy the Easy Care service plan for upto 5 years. It's on the Alfa Configurator site under additional options. In case the dealer says its only for factory orders (don't think so) , you can always buy the Service Care Plan I quoted for the first 3 years @£499, you can then buy 2 more services at the end of 3 years/services @£349. This plan is valid for cars upto 5 years old.

I am now sounding like a service plan seller!!! o_O :LOL:
Well, you certainly sold me on it.
Thanks again for the info.
I have seen the service plans on the configurator, they just don't seem such a bargain.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Well, you certainly sold me on it.
Thanks again for the info.
I have seen the service plans on the configurator, they just don't seem such a bargain.
Alfa were advertising service plan for new cars @ £399 for 3 services or similar, a bit cheaper than the configurator and the Service care plan. Worth asking your selling dealer.

Reactions: Stugman

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The three services are not a problem, it's the really expensive fourth I am trying to cover.
Thanks MG, according to a fellow customer in Beechdale yesterday, they are pushing service packs with new cars. Will just have to see how much they are now.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
The configurator has always been more expensive. You can buy them at the lower price for 3 years and then buy the next 2 later.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I had this update done today at LC Newport, hopefully it wont happen again but they did say they have in the past had issues with the wiring to the pump and keep the loom in stock

21 - 35 of 35 Posts