Alfa Romeo Forum banner
401 - 420 of 493 Posts

· Registered
2,466 Posts
A brave man taking it back to AC!
Welcome to the world of rubbish Corsas in the cold AND wet. There are a couple of fairly recent tyre threads that are worth reading up on. All I'll say is the Michelin MPS4S tyres are brilliant.

· Registered
1,707 Posts
Finally got round to doing the deal - upgrading from Speciale to the QF in Trofeo white, can't wait to collect the keys - don't know why one pic has loaded sideways

Can’t wait to see/hear that passing through Croston or Ulnes Walton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
11 Posts
Got mine 2 weeks ago. Previous cars have been assorted TVR's, Scooby, Integrale, CLS63 Shooting Brake and lattery a GTR which I loved. baby came along 3 months ago, so I was immediatley under pressure to get "a family car". :) Had my heart set on an RS6 Performance initially, had a couple of test drives and whilst it was very quick, sounded and looked nice, they are also bloody massive and the handling is pretty uninspiring. I was also a bit worried by the number getting knicked!
Then I saw a QF over in Hull at Jordans so I contacted them and took the 3 hour drive across to check it out. It was registered end of Jun 18, 160 miles and had barely left their showroom. After a test drive, that was it, I was sold. I love it so far even though the weather has been frankly crap since I got it. Been on a weeks holiday in the Northern Lakes where temps were low single figures and the roads were sodden. Got the Alfa roof bars and a Thule box which were great and will mean we can cart my daughters entourage on the 2-3 times a year we head away on hols without the need for a massive estate car / MPV!

Don't like the tyre skipping, scared the **** out of me the first time it happened, the tyres are somewhat sketchy in our wet and cold conditions but I've had big bikes and a TVR Cerbera in the past so it's definatley no worse than them this time of year. I'd love to get it lowered a bit but it rides the poor roads round here brilliantly though.

cheers

Mr Ship

PS Any other QF's in Cumbria?

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
Aye was heading home from work. Had trouble trying to keep up with you even though it was only 30 ?. Looks gorgeous in white BTW.
Of course, I was doing 30mph
I know, I was referring to when you set off from the roundabout by the park, was trying to have a good look. But you soon left me looking at an empty space. ?.
How does it compare with the speciale? Apart from the even bigger smile it gives ?

· Registered
74 Posts
I know, I was referring to when you set off from the roundabout by the park, was trying to have a good look. But you soon left me looking at an empty space. ?.
How does it compare with the speciale? Apart from the even bigger smile it gives ?
Its a totally different beast - took it for a run to York on Friday, came back via A59, unfortunately it was pouring down and got stuck in slow traffic so didn't really get chance to open her up. Was warned by Darran at Mango's to treat her gently especially in the wet, couple of times put foot to the floor and the rear wheels couldn't cope with the power going through them and it certainly makes you pay attention

· Registered
76 Posts
Its a totally different beast - took it for a run to York on Friday, came back via A59, unfortunately it was pouring down and got stuck in slow traffic so didn't really get chance to open her up. Was warned by Darran at Mango's to treat her gently especially in the wet, couple of times put foot to the floor and the rear wheels couldn't cope with the power going through them and it certainly makes you pay attention
Can imagine the fun you'll be having when weather is better. I'll be looking forward to be seeing & hearing you driving around the town. ?

· Registered
1,707 Posts
Thought I would put some pictures on whilst the sun was shining but still doesn’t do the Trofeo White justice

Glad to see you got that Mango’s sticker off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Had to give my QV up . . .

I sent the email below to FCA complaints and tried to extend the warranty with the dealer, no-one ever got back to me - shame, best driving car I've ever owned.

Dear Sirs

The above VRN relates to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrofoglio and is financed through HP Agreement No. XXXXXXXXXX (FCA Automotive Services). The car was collected from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on 01/02/17.

Please see emails below from 2017; I would now like to register a formal complaint and I expect it to be treated as such.

To date, and by my calculations the car has been in the ‘garage’ as below:

From To
14/06/17 03/07/17
02/10/17 25/10/17
17/10/18 13/11/18 (maybe)

So, at present for the 20 months of ownership the car has not been usable for about 9 weeks at a cost to me of over £1600 in monthly payments.

On each occasion an engine warning light has required attention and on each occasion the delay (I am informed) is due to parts awaiting delivery.

On this occasion the when part ordered arrived I was informed that another part was required to fit the part and now that that part has arrived I am informed that another 2 parts are needed – ETA 13/11/18 (I of course have no confidence in this date actually being effective).

On this occasion, when I spoke with customer service I enquired as to how I could extend the warranty – it is inconceivable that I would want to keep this car without a full manufacturer’s warranty and equally if I cannot extend the warranty I need to sell it with sufficient warranty on it to be able to recover financially as much as possible.

Despite being told that someone would get back to me with details on extending the warranty this has not happened and I have started making enquiries in order to replace the vehicle (mainly with Audi) – of course I cannot sell it until I get it back.

The irony is that I like the car and my plan was to hold onto it until the coupe version is available.

Unfortunately, it appears that this would not be a sensible course of action given the above.

This is the first Alfa Romeo I have owned and have previously had 5 cars in the last 12 years (Audi, BMW and Porsche) – if I am to remain and Alfa Romeo owner I would like confirmation that my warranty is extended to 5 years at no cost to me.

Given the response to my last concerns detailed below I do not actually expect anything helpful back but I thought I should give someone the opportunity to address my concerns before I ditch the brand.

Regards

Misery guts

401 - 420 of 493 Posts