Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As is my usual wont I'm starting this Thread ready to receive the fantastic pictures we are going to get........... :D

Here is the magnificent prize on offer for the Scalextric Event. :cool:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not many people so not many pics for this one. :(

Firstly the cars.

How’s this work then ? :confused:

Dead easy really. :)

Err, Maybe not then…… Why do I have to put my own car back on the track, should be a gofer for this. :wow:

Never seen Kev move so fast outside of his ‘sud ! :wow:

K

·
0 Posts
well, a poor turnout really for what turned out to be a very good days motorsport :D

just 4 cars :(

nige's GTV6
nathan's 147
stu's GTV
my 156SW

the tracks were all laid out inside for us ready to burn rubber, a very nice place to visit all well organised with 8 different 4 lane layouts which were a real challenge. not like the old days where you could go flat out everywhere. amazing how the different cars handled so varied though, the little fiat 500's were toppling over quite easily :lol:

this was the donington track, a very large layout, far bigger than it looks in the picture :cool:

a line up deep in concentration :D

stu, nige & nathan with my mate paul looking on

stu going to collect his car

and nige doing the same, was a common site for all involved :lol:

a great set up, room around all the tables to retrieve your cars and a computer screen for each track to count the laps :cool:

K

·
0 Posts
only kidding :D
the worthy winner on the day and holder of the first scalextric championship :thumbs:

don't forget to look after the trophy, it's got my name on it for next year ;) :lol:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good set of pics and comments Kev. Not much time tonight, Jim has promised to take me out for a beer, it's a hard life !

BTW the AO Lincs Scalextric Champion is.............

Waiting for Kevs pic of the presentation. Can safely say that it wasn't me. Just as well, trying to get rid of the Cup, would had been a sod if I had to bring it back home !! :D

EDIT.

Kev beat me to it !

K

·
0 Posts
:lol:

was a great afternoon nige, many thanks for taking the time and trouble to find these places for us, a shame more didn't attend but everyone enjoyed the day i think :thumbs:
my mate paul and his lad aaron did anyway, and rob & myself of course :thumbs:

lap scores i think were

stu 346
nathan 338
paul 321
aaron 299
me 294
rob 201

about that anyway, maybe the odd score different but the finishing order was about that. i'm just happy i won a couple of races ;) winning the donigton one was a good one, mainly i won by not crashing :lol: was a long way to collect the car. rob put in the groundwork on the red cars for you to keep you active :lol:
feel free to add your name in there nige, somewhere near the top i've no doubt :thumbs:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol:

w
stu 346
nathan 338
paul 321
aaron 299
me 294
rob 201

feel free to add your name in there nige, somewhere near the top i've no doubt :thumbs:
Err, I don't think so !!!! I'm second from one end so I think it was down to the under performing Red cars, I'm sure Rob will agree ! :)

Donington was a particular disaster, plagued by breakdowns. :eek: Mind you switching to the Yellow car didn't improve my performance much !!

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Donington was a particular disaster, plagued by breakdowns. :eek: Mind you switching to the Yellow car didn't improve my performance much !!
Between the two of you, the red cars are only fit for a demolition derby now.......:lol:

The local press were waiting for me when I got home, they want to know if I am turning pro.......:rolleyes:......:lol:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great pics guys:cool:

Sorry I couldn't make it:(
Not to worry Mark, as long as the Sprint is progressing that's good, looking forward to seeing it soon. :thumbs:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K

·
0 Posts
Err, I don't think so !!!! I'm second from one end so I think it was down to the under performing Red cars, I'm sure Rob will agree ! :)

ah, but i managed to win our race on the donington track, with the yellow car :D

was a good afternoon :thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Would be a really good place to re visit on a future meet, people definately missed out!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
That looked like a good day out BUT, where was everyone ???????

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looked like a good day out BUT, where was everyone ???????
:confused: I dunno.

We had a good time there anyway, it's a good afternoon out for kids of all ages ! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts