Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Afternoon Meet – Scalextric Saturday # 4. 23 Feb – Pics.​

Here are just a few pics of our afternoon of Scalextric Racing near Spalding. A really good outing, thanks to everyone who came along on a bitterly cold afternoon.

Apologies for the quality of the indoor pics, some fool ( me ) didn’t have the flash set correctly on the camera…..

First, the abandoned Alfas.

The Racers.

The presentation.

We decided that we would have Lincs v EA as there was a mixture of us. So here are the scores……

alfmeo, Trevor from EA – 350 – third time winner, seems unbeatable, is anyone able to take him on ?

kevjtd, Kev from Lincs – 314.

Rob ( Kevs lad ) from Lincs – 297.

Samurai, Chris from Lincs – 291.

KrisE, Kris from EA – 278.

Adam ( Trevors lad ) from EA – 275.

Nige005, from Lincs – 271. Obviously the strongest of all as I’m supporting every one else ! :D At least I didn’t come last on every circuit, made a change !

I refuse to declare if Lincs or EA won the Team Event on the grounds of I don't like the result..... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the next one, is there anyone from anywhere capable of taking Trev on ? The gauntlet has been thrown so come along next time and see if you are good enough.

If you do and you win here is the every expense spared and much coveted trophy !

L

·
0 Posts
Nige Just because it was your event instead of just using the Yellow, Blue & Red racers to score the Team Event how about as you came last we'll use your rubbish score on both teams? so Lincs can lose by 1 point instead of 21 points :D

Oh and if you work out the average score for the teams EA still are the winners :cool:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nige Just because it was your event instead of just using the Yellow, Blue & Red racers to score the Team Event how about as you came last we'll use your rubbish score on both teams? so Lincs can lose by 1 point instead of 21 points :D

Oh and if you work out the average score for the teams EA still are the winners :cool:

:lol: Err you scored just seven points more than I did and I admit that I'm rubbish at this.

Getting better though, given another twenty years or so and I might be up there with Trev ! :D

Whilst on about the scores. I wonder how the computer scores it ? For instance if it counts cars crossing a certain bit of track why not find out where that is and just keep moving your car back and forwards over this point. Is that how Trev does it with the connivance of the rest of the EA team ? :wow: :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
I tested this out Nige when I crashed but Trev was faster around the track than I could cheat I had a 9 second lap and he went round in 7 seconds :eek: but before you say I cheated they started my car over the sensor on a couple of races so I lost more laps :cry:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tested this out Nige when I crashed but Trev was faster around the track than I could cheat I had a 9 second lap and he went round in 7 seconds :eek: but before you say I cheated they started my car over the sensor on a couple of races so I lost more laps :cry:

TBH I was always too busy trying to keep the car on the track to even look at the lap scores during the race ! It was always a surprise to me at the end, especially when I hadn't finished last !!!

I thought I'd done so much better ! I think if I'd just concentrated on driving rather than racing then I would done much better. But when you are catching up to someone else the urge to overtake is just that bit too strong - and the inevitable occurs !

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i love the colour of that mito.....its a rare one as they discontinued it....fab

·
Registered
12 Posts
:lol: Err you scored just seven points more than I did and I admit that I'm rubbish at this.

Getting better though, given another twenty years or so and I might be up there with Trev ! :D

Whilst on about the scores. I wonder how the computer scores it ? For instance if it counts cars crossing a certain bit of track why not find out where that is and just keep moving your car back and forwards over this point. Is that how Trev does it with the connivance of the rest of the EA team ? :wow: :lol:
Doh ! Looks like I have been found out.:lol:

How about next time I offer to race with the handicap of my right hand tied behind my back :)

Thanks for organising another enjoyable event Nige.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doh ! Looks like I have been found out.:lol:

How about next time I offer to race with the handicap of my right hand tied behind my back :)

Thanks for organising another enjoyable event Nige.

:lol:

Nope, a very worthy winner Trev, rather than any handicaps the rest of us will just have to get better !

Looking forward to the next one. :thumbs:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who drives the pink 156 SW :confused:

:p

That's kevjtd. Actually it is " redder " than the pic would suggest !

Parking was a bit awkward on Saturday, hence the odd looking parking arrangements.

Or maybe Kev was sort of saying " If you don't let me win you are all walking home....... " ! :wow:

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
That's kevjtd. Actually it is " redder " than the pic would suggest !

Parking was a bit awkward on Saturday, hence the odd looking parking arrangements.

Or maybe Kev was sort of saying " If you don't let me win you are all walking home....... " ! :wow:
:eek:

Camera problem rather than paint problem :lol:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

1 - 14 of 14 Posts