Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Evening Meet – The Bells, The Bells, Six Of ‘Em !

Heading South for this one, just outside of Bourne off the A6121. Taking a bit of a punt on this one as I went out today to finalize things after a previous visit last year. Closed until 18.00. :( Still it was a decent enough drive in the April showers, pity it’s mid May…… Note to self, don’t do recce’ trips on a Monday……. Anyway, the details :-

Date :- Thursday, 17th June.
Time :- 19 00
Place :- The Six Bells, Witham On The Hill, Bourne, PE10 0JH
Tel : - 01778 590360

Pic and Map in Post # 1

The Pub is a listed building in the small village of Witham On The Hill. It has a nice Garden so if the weather is decent it should be great. Not too big inside so we may have to be more friendly than normal if it’s persisting it down….. Plenty of parking at the rear of the pub so please congregate in there, unless you see me parked at the front, where it may be that we will be allocated our own spaces. The cars I mean ! Food and Bar Snacks are provided but I can’t provide Menu’s for this one, remember it was closed on my visit today ! Do you feel lucky ? Lucky or not the worst case will be a bag of crisps ( and a Pickled Egg if you are a bit lucky in the un lucky stakes ! ) I’ve also just given you a lesson in how to mangle English ! ) :D

Start time of 1900, gives people who have to work a bit more time to get sorted. Of course you can arrive earlier, as I probably will, or a bit later, no problems. The meet will last as long as you want it to, no shame if you have to leave a bit earlier than most or you can stay until they chuck us out, no pressure, let’s just take it easy and enjoy the evening.

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy and just come along, we don’t bite, just drool and gabble a bit ! You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. Coming in an Alfa is not mandatory, just come along and enjoy the wide ranging conversations, you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy these Evening Meets.

An added incentive ? :wow: is that Aaron, K18 NOB, will be there, his first Meet since Christmas as he insisted on going to play in the sand out in Kabul so lets show him what he’s missing ! Lets enjoy the evening and I particularly invite those in the South of the Section to attend, now is your chance to perhaps berate poor old me for having the Meets so far away – no excuse for this one !

RSVP NOW and I’ll see you there !

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Map & Pic.

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it should be a good meet, i may need a lift to it though depending on the 156 passing its MOT.......fingers crossed ay!
Won't be a problem one way or the other. :)

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nob had better make it back now you've gone to all this trouble nige :D
:lol:

Very true. If he doesn't he had better not blame the Blue Jobs...........

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any more takers for this ?

I've resorted to asking Jaguar Owners along to make up the numbers a bit ! :eek:

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think it looks like a good location :thumbs: shame i dont have a clue where it is :(, thank god for sat navs. Anyway i most likely will be late as i have a job out in hull on that day and will be travelling from there so i guess it just means i have to give the 156's legs a good stretch :)

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it looks like a good location :thumbs: shame i dont have a clue where it is :(, thank god for sat navs. Anyway i most likely will be late as i have a job out in hull on that day and will be travelling from there so i guess it just means i have to give the 156's legs a good stretch :)
:thumbs: Sure will Kai, looking forward to this. :thumbs:

Will the '6 be attending ? I'd like to think so but it's in the balance, my original estimate for being back on the road Bank Holiday Monday is looking increasingly doubtful - but I live in hope. :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Its official i will be turning up to this meet in a Peugeot 206 diesel :O

Shocking i know but ive thought about it and i need to leave the 156 in Germany for when i return from here in august so makes sense not to bring it :thumbs:

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its official i will be turning up to this meet in a Peugeot 206 diesel :O

Shocking i know but ive thought about it and i need to leave the 156 in Germany for when i return from here in august so makes sense not to bring it :thumbs:
:thumbs: As long as you get there Aaron.

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Just seen this Nige, we'll be there! :D

·
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19