Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lincs Evening Meet – Marinas, Boats & Classic Cars No. 8​

We are heading just to the West of Lincoln for this Meet. The Pub is situated in Burton Waters, accessed from a Roundabout off the A57 just West of Lincoln. Once you are in this site go straight across the Roundabout, the entrance to the Pub Car Park is then on your right. Try and park in the bottom left hand corner of the Car Park. More details on the Link.

Date :- Thursday, 25th May 2017.
Time :- 18 00 on.
Place :- Woodcocks, Burton Lane End, Saxilby Road, Lincoln. LN1 2BE. Tel:- 01522 703460
Email: [email protected]

Location Map in the Link.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2492704,-0.5931868,15z

Also here’s a Link to the Pub Website for more details.

http://www.woodcockspub.co.uk/

This is a Pub and Restaurant situated in the Burton Waters Marina. Quite modern inside but also rather nice and with acres of room both inside and outside. Decent selection of beers on offer as well as an extensive Menu. They have at least twenty Daily Specials on offer too, a good selection at a very reasonable price. Even a Kids Menu ! No need to pre order, just order on the night.

There are lots of picnic tables around the place in various locations so you can sit and admire the Marina or the Landscaping, be very nice if the weather is kind enough to let us sit outside and admire the view.

However you may be more interested in what you may see in the Car Park itself. The reason that this Meet is on the last Thursday Evening of the Month is very simple – A Classic Car Meet occurs here every month on this day. Much like the Jenny Wren this is a very ad hoc affair, no one pre books as attending, just turns up on the night. It’s all Pot Luck, could be lots, could be very little, if it’s persisting it down may be nothing at all, except us !!! Lets make this a fine showing of Alfas whatever the weather.

The meet will last as long as you want it to, no shame if you have to leave a bit earlier than most or you can stay until they chuck us out, no pressure, let’s just take it easy and enjoy the evening. Do get here as early as you can though to get yourself a prime spot, it’s very unlikely that we will all be parked together, first come first served sort of thing.

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy and just come along, we don’t bite, just drool a bit ! You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. Coming in an Alfa is not mandatory, just come along and enjoy the wide ranging conversations, you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy these Evening Meets, although it might help for this particular Meet !

This should be a really cracking Meet, Classic Cars and a nice location. Please try not to miss this one. RSVP NOW and I’ll see you there.

C’mon folk, please join in, I’m sure that you’ll enjoy it.

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

·
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved.

·
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Book me in ?
Just click on the " YES " circle above and you will have checked yourself in.

We are very much like all good budget airlines, everything provided except for our greater luggage allowance.... !!!

·
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A week to go folks.

·
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not ? Our friends from AROC will also be there so it should be a decent get together.

Unfortunately I can't make it it but will expect a full report tomorrow !!!!!

·
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did it go ?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi, would have reported back sooner but been enjoying the sun too much !

On that subject, what a cracking evening, beautiful weather, brought alot of stunning classics out.

We arrived just after 6, to the sight of several TVR's , E types, Austin Healey's, all sorts of americana and some very tasty Alfas of course. As the AROC members were in attendance there were several varied models lined up, a couple of classic Spiders ( 3 if you count the one thats taken up residence in my back seat while its been resting in the garage ! ) , a super rare Giulia GTC , couple of Breras, Martin's stunning ultra low mileage 939 Spider, looking like it had just rolled out the factory, myke's well polished Giulietta and my GT.
Now having read the reviews of Woodcocks beforehand i wasn't expecting much and indeed there was a long wait to order food at the bar, and on learning there was a 1 hour wait for food we just ordered drinks and decided on fish and chips on the way home.

Being in such an attractive setting is bound to draw people in from miles around so maybe they need to look at their staffing levels ?
...However for me this didn't really detract from the evening, it was the cars i came for after all and the one thing i take away from this evening is how relaxed and friendly everyone we came across was.

Absolutely a pleasure to attend , just an idea but maybe some joint meets with the AROC club in future are the way to go
Would be great to see everyone soon again anyway .

·
16,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a great night, sorry I couldn't make it.

Many of us have commented about the poor service at the Pub, shame really but as the location is good it's just something that has to be put up with.

We have had quite a few joint AROC/AO Meets and they always turn out well, particularly good were the Newark Aviation and the Bubblecar Meets.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it but the concert in Hull was a cracker and not to be missed.

Next year perhaps. Or earlier if any one comes up with a plan. I think Scunny is NOT the ideal location so cannot help.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Absolutely a pleasure to attend , just an idea but maybe some joint meets with the AROC club in future are the way to go
Would be great to see everyone soon again anyway .
Bit late but next AROC meet is Tue 13th June at The Red Lion Digby.

July 11th - Click 'em Inn, Swinhope

August 8th - Pyewipe Inn, Lincoln.

I counted 13 Alfas at The Woodcocks- would have been 14 if I had taken one of mine but the Maserati needed a run out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts