Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Evening Meet – An Evening Near New York.​

For our first Evening Meet of the year we are heading out into the sticks near Boston, I hope this will be convenient for most people.

Date :- Tuesday, 24th April.
Time :- 19 00
Place :- Witham and Blues, Main Rd, Langrick, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE22 7AJ.
Tel:- 01205 2805466.
Email:- [email protected]

Here’s the Link to the Pub Website.
http://www.withamandblues.com/witham/

Here’s a Link to the Map.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=PE22+7AJ&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x48780c8faad196ad:0xdec0c7d0ffe70417,Langrick+PE22+7AJ&gl=uk&ei=FD9rT7SnDYmg0QX9-Pi0Bg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

This is a nice Pub situated by the River in the small village of Langrick. This used to be the Ferry Boat Inn and has recently been taken over by a Petrolhead ( he owns the garage next door ) and whilst it remains pretty traditional it has been themed with New York ideas, along with a Sex And The City input somewhere. Even the Toilets are themed ! I admit it sounds awful but it really does work and looks to be a great venue.

However you may be more interested in what you see in the Car Park. Since been taken over there is a regular Meet every Tuesday where Car Enthusiasts gather in the Car Park to look, admire and talk about Cars. This is a very ad hoc affair, no one pre books as attending, just turns up on the night. It’s all Pot Luck, could be lots, could be very little, if it’s snowing may be nothing at all, except us !!! Lets make this a fine showing of Alfas whatever the weather.

Plenty of room both inside and outside and there is a great selection of Meals at reasonable prices, check out the Burger Menu on the Link, I’m salivating already !

Post # 1 has a few pictures to wet your appetite,

Start time of 1900, gives people who have to work a bit more time to get sorted. Of course you can arrive earlier, as I probably will, or a bit later, no problems. The meet will last as long as you want it to, no shame if you have to leave a bit earlier than most or you can stay until they chuck us out, no pressure, let’s just take it easy and enjoy the evening.

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy and just come along, we don’t bite, just drool a bit ! You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. Coming in an Alfa is not mandatory, just come along and enjoy the wide ranging conversations, you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy these Evening Meets.

Lets all get a bit of fresh ( not too fresh I hope….. ) Spring evening air and start off this Seasons Evening Meets with a bang. RSVP NOW and I’ll see you there !

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are the Pics.

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
not been there for years, since well before it changed from being the ferryboat inn.

be nice to see some fresh cars there :cool:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this should be a good night out. Even if very few other Cars turn up the Pub is very inviting and I think will host us well. :thumbs:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Three weeks to go.........

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two weeks to go, can I tempt any more of you to come along ?

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now this should be the last Lincs meet for the support vehicle :D
:thumbs: Morning Kris.

Are you going to tell us or just turn up and surprise us ?

L

·
0 Posts
Morning Nige

After a little visit to see Shrew I shall be driving this as of the 27th

DSC_0716.jpg

:D

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You could have saved a few weeks and brought it home from here...... !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts