Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Afternoon Meet – Scalextric Saturday # 5.​

For our March Meet we are off do some racing on some major International circuits. Not for real of course but on Scalextric in Spalding ! We have done this Meet four times before and everyone really enjoyed it, a great, and cheap, afternoon out, don’t miss it.

Date :- Saturday, 8th March 2014.
Time :- 13 00 onwards, Racing Commences at 14 00.
Place :- Electric Tracks Ltd, Angies Plant Center, Weston Hills Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE12 6NE
Tel:- 01775 725415
E Mail :- [email protected]

Here’s a link to the site so you can have a look at the place.

http://scalextric-racing.co.uk/index.html

Here’s a Link to a Map.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Low+Fulney+PE12+6NE&hl=en&ll=52.786828,-0.129519&spn=0.026681,0.055189&sll=52.957764,-0.042129&sspn=0.013288,0.027595&oq=PE12+6NE&hnear=Low+Fulney,+PE12+6NE,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=14

Here’s a synopsis of what’s on offer :-

There is no charge for entry, you only pay to race.

You will be greeted at reception, should you wish to race you are given a score card and are then taken in a group of four to the first circuit which is Silverstone. The system is explained by a member of staff and the first race is started, your laps and race progress are displayed on a computer screen.

At the end of the race, first, second, third and fourth positions are displayed on the screen, from this you record your score on the score card and move to the next circuit on your card. The circuits are Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Catalunya, Cadwell Park, Anderstorp, Raul Boesel, Hokenhiem and Donington Park. Donnington Park is the last circuit and by far the biggest of the eight at 40ft long and 12 ft wide.

You race different cars as you go around the circuits, Mini's, 4 Wheel Drives, Rally cars, Audi TT, Maserati, Touring cars and again some new ones for this year.

At the end of the last race you can add up your score to find the overall winner. There is a podium for first, second and third place where photo's can be taken ! There will also be a very bespoke and Posh Cup presented to the Winner……..

The racing is done in groups of four and costs £8.00 per person for all eight circuits, each circuit lasts about eight minutes. It is a totally different experience and is the only centre of this scale in Europe. No two races are the same so it should be a lot fun for everyone.

There is cafe here too which has a wide ranging menu from snacks to full meals so if you don’t wish to race you can just sit and pig out ! The menu is on the Website.

See Post #1 for Pics from last year, you could be on the Podium this year !

Come along, bring the kids for a great day out racing and then relax for Softies, grub and chat before heading for home as The Champion AO Racer, or not, as the case may be !!

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy, just come along and join in. You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. The conversations are wide ranging so you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy the meet.

Please let me know in your RSVP if you are a Racer or just a Spectator. Please also don’t RSVP “ Yes “ if you are not sure, better to be a “ Maybe “ for this one. I understand you might have to drop out at the last minute, no problems with that, it happens. Sorry to emphasis all this but ‘umble pie tastes ‘orrible, I know, I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from a three years ago !!

ON YOUR RSVP PLEASE SAY HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE RACING.

If you have any queries or questions Post on here or PM me. I’m looking forward, as always, to this Meet so do come along if you can. Don’t forget to bring a writing implement with you.

Finally, beware of the Speed Camera on the A16 just North of the Roundabout where we leave the A16 for Weston Hills Road. Drive safely folks.

Nige.

Note.

This, like any Winter Meet, is subject to cancellation if the weather and roads are bad. This will be a last resort however and I hope it can go ahead as planned. I will never cancel a Meet due to expected low attendance or any other reason except the weather. Please check this Thread as late as possible before setting off for the Event – just in case !

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Last years Podium and the Priceless Cup that is up for grabs - if anyone can prise Trevor's fingers from it !

Attachments

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just checked the calendar & it doesn't fall for my Saturday working so im good to go.
:thumbs: Good man Chris. Would like to get a half decent turnout for this.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Nige I can't make it this year :cry:
:( That's a shame Kris.

Doesn't seem to be much interest this year all round. :confused: Looks like the " hangers on " I'm inviting could make up most of the numbers. At least so far anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Nige.
Would like to do this one but I am down to work that weekend but am looking to change the Saturday for the previous one if possible!!
Will let you know asap.
Paul

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Nige.
Would like to do this one but I am down to work that weekend but am looking to change the Saturday for the previous one if possible!!
Will let you know asap.
Paul
:thumbs: Fingers crossed that you can make it Paul.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Three weeks to go. No one else interested ?

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two weeks to go to this Meet and not a lot of uptake so far. :confused:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Nigel,

Should be available to defend the trophy :)

Hopefully will bring at least one other to make up the numbers.

:thumbs: Thanks Trev, see you there.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One week to go folk and still not much of a take up.

Have we all given up on Meets ? :confused:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it looks like what was happening is no longer so it would appear I'll be there in me flash Toyota :D
Good news Kris. Last Meet I went to I was in the Toyota !

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 33 Posts