Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Afternoon Meet – Newark Aviation Museum – Saturday 31st March 2012.​

Here is a very special Lincs Meet, don’t miss out on what is sure to be a great day.

We will be joined by our friends from Lincs AROC so lots of people to meet and lots of things to do, a great afternoon in prospect.

Here are the details :-

Date :- Saturday, 31st March 2012.
Time :- From 13 00 onwards.
Place :- Newark Air Museum Ltd, The Airfield, Winthorpe, Newark, Nottinghamshire. NG24 2NY
Tel :-. 01636 707 170
E Mail :- [email protected]

Here is a Link to the Newark Air Museum where we will be spending the afternoon. As you will see there is lots to see and do.

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/index.html

We have managed to gain access into the actual site itself and have our own exclusive parking area, see the Red Area in the Site Map in Post # 1. It’s right in front of Hangar 1 so a prime location. Also in Post # 1 there are Pics where you can just about see where will be parked. There is also a Pic of the Sign on the gate to the entrance to the Main Car Park, take note, you can miss the Entrance, just ask me how I know………..

Once you have found this head to the far end of the Car Park. Just before you get to the pedestrian entrance you will see some double gates on the left. I, and hopefully one other at least, will be there to Marshall you into our Parking and Display Area.

Of course part of this deal is that we become part of the show for the afternoon, a chance to show off your Alfa !

It would be great if we could arrive en masse so to speak, it’s not essential but pretty please try to arrive as near to 13 00 as you can. The payments should be made in the Reception Area immediately after parking up.

PRICES.

A bit complicated this so pay attention at the back !

If we manage to get at least Fifteen Cars on site it will be £7 per car including two people. Extra passengers are £6.50 each.

If we don’t manage the fifteen cars it will be £7.00 per person. ( thinking about this I’m confused as to how we do this if people arrive late so get there on time and save me a Headache ! )

In all cases where payment is required per person and not the over Fifteen Cars Deal the over 60’s pay only £5.50

For this one I think that only Alfas will qualify although we can try and blag it on the day if any of you have the cheek to not bring an Alfa !

ADMIN REQUIRED.

Sorry about this but I have to return our entrance form and will need the following details so the Museum can cater for our needs

1. Number of people in your car inc any over 60’s

2. Do you wish to go into any Aircraft ? ( £0.50 per person per Aircraft. )

3. Will you be using the Café and if so will you be having Drinks, Sandwiches or Cakes ? Any preferred time for the Café ?

Let me know about these details so I can smooth out the Visit for all of us.

Now that’s out of the way back to the fun bits !

Now this is something special, please don’t miss it. Aircraft, AO, AROC and Sunshine, what more could you want ! ? ( Gotta be optimistic about the Sunshine bit ! ) :)

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy and just come along, we don’t bite, usually ! This sounds like a great day to introduce yourself, if you don’t like us you can escape into the depths of the Museum and ignore us ! :eek:

Please do come along for what I think will be a great day out, don’t let this Event “ Bomb “ !

Thanks,

Nige.

Note.

This, like any Winter Meet, is subject to cancellation if the weather and roads are bad. This will be a last resort however and I hope it can go ahead as planned. I will never cancel a Meet due to expected low attendance or any other reason except the weather. Please check this Thread as late as possible before setting off for the Event – just in case !

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pics and things.

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
rob & me as usual nige, neither of us over 60 :D

will probably have a cuppa and a can of coke, or not if that's easier? i'm easy either way :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Dunno yet as that's my birthday :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Great stuff Nige:thumbs:

Sorry I couldn't get to the museum with you today:(

Will put the details to the Lincs AROC lot on Tuesday at our meeting but will also copy your words into an email to them. Hopefully might attract some of the Yorkshire lot as going to see them in a couple of weeks and I have some friends in the Derbyshire section so will pass it on to them.

Mike

L

·
0 Posts
Should have 1 annoying older brother and a RAF pensioner just below 60 with me I will park outside next to the skip as I shall be in the Support Vehicle and we may have tea and cakes or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes - alfa plus 2/3 people

one alfa 166 with 2 or 3 people - must be the closest event ever - about 2 miles:)

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbs: Thanks for the replies so far everyone, should get a lot more, after all, the gauntlet is laid down, we have to get 15 cars or hang our heads in shame ! :lol:

Now you mention leg measurements Jill......... ! The form I have to return assumes that I'm organized, yeah, right ! :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not counting myself I have had 4 positive responses to my email to Lincs AROC members however one of those is Gray52. I expect there will be at least another 5 or 6 of our regular cars going. Will know more after our AGM & quiz on Tuesday night.

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not counting myself I have had 4 positive responses to my email to Lincs AROC members however one of those is Gray52. I expect there will be at least another 5 or 6 of our regular cars going. Will know more after our AGM & quiz on Tuesday night.
:thumbs: Thanks Mike.

K

·
0 Posts
that's why i didn't reply mike, down already :thumbs:

will try and get out this tuesday, weather permitting ;)

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nige

Looks like a further 7 AROC members are coming at least.

I think most want a cup of tea in the cafe
:thumbs: Thanks Mike.

Just need a few more AO members now !

·
Registered
20 Posts
psvkris,
I just realised that i will be ancient (60) a few days before this meet - and I am still working for the RAF - all I can say is that us older guys still like something with a bit of go - V6 prefered

L

·
0 Posts
psvkris,
I just realised that i will be ancient (60) a few days before this meet - and I am still working for the RAF - all I can say is that us older guys still like something with a bit of go - V6 prefered
Your surely not ancient, your just retro? I'm sure my dad would like something with a bit of go if he didn't drive like an old lady. :D

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know that there is still a while to go before this Meet but I'm a bit puzzled by the apparent lack of interest.

Are you all waiting before RSVP ing or is there really not much enthusiasm for this ? :confused:

·
16,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am a yes.

Either wearing my AROC hat or my AlfaOwner hat !!

Just myself and the cup and hope to use the cafe (probably for warmth knowing the weather Gods !! and will visit inside a few planes too.

Oh and to look at our Alfa "pretty cars"

Alan

1 - 20 of 102 Posts