Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Afternoon & Evening Meet – Scalextric & Ships.​

Another two Part Meeting for you lucky folks !

For our March Meet we are off do some racing on some major International circuits. Not for real of course but on Scalextric in Spalding ! ( Part 1 ). Afterwards we will go for some drinks and grub at The Ship Inn, Pinchbeck ( Part 2 ).

PART 1 OF THIS MEET ( “ A “ ON THE MAP )​

Date :- Saturday, 6th March.
Time :- 13 00 onwards.
Place :- Electric Tracks Ltd, Angies Plant Center, Weston Hills Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE12 6NE
Tel:- 01775 725415
E Mail :- [email protected]

Here’s a link to the site so you can have a look at the place.

http://scalextric-racing.co.uk/index.html

Here’s a synopsis of what’s on offer :-

There is no charge for entry, you only pay to race.

You will be greeted at reception, should you wish to race you are given a score card and are taken to the first circuit which is Silverstone. The system is explained by a member of staff and the first race is started, your laps and race progress are displayed on a computer screen.

At the end of the race, first, second, third and fourth positions are displayed on the screen, from this you record your score on the score card and move to the next circuit on your card. The circuits are Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Catalunya, Cadwell Park, Anderstorp, Raul Boesel, Hokenhiem and Donington Park. Donnington Park is the last circuit and by far the biggest of the eight at 40ft long and 12 ft wide. You can also opt for just a five circuit series if you prefer.

At the end of the last race you can add up your score to find the overall winner. There is a podium for first, second and third place where photo's can be taken.

You race different cars as you go around the circuits, Mini's, 4 Wheel Drives, Rally cars, Audi TT, Maserati, Touring cars.

The racing is done in groups of four and costs £8.00 per person for all eight circuits, each circuit lasts about eight minutes. It is a totally different experience and is the only centre of this scale in Europe. No two races are the same so it should be a lot fun for everyone.

There is cafe here too which has a wide ranging menu from snacks to full meals so if you don’t wish to come along to the Ship Inn you can fill your face here ! The gluttons can of course do both !

See Post #1 for Menu and other pics.

I anticipate that we shall be leaving the Scalextric Centre between 16 00 and 17 00 to go on to the next bit of the Event which is drinks and food. If you wish you can skip the Scalextric part of the day ( shame but you can if you must ) and meet us here :-

PART 2 OF THIS MEET ( “ B “ ON THE MAP )​

Date :- Saturday, 6th March.
Time :- 16 30 ish
Place :- The Ship Inn, Northgate, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE11 3SE.
Tel : - 01775 723792

Afraid I can’t be any more specific about the timing for Part 2, this does depend on how long the Scalextric bit goes on for, could be either a little earlier or a little later. What is certain is that we will get there some time !

This is a traditional Country Pub on the Riverside, complete with Thatched Roof, looks very pretty. It’s about six miles from the Scalextric place so just a short drive away, less than fifteen minutes. There is a large Dining Room and an extensive Menu, I’ve put a sample of the type of things they do in Post # 2. Snag is the food stops between 14.00 and 18.00 but I’m told that if anyone can be sufficiently charming towards the Landlady something may be done….. Over to you Silver Tongued ones !!!! The food isn’t cheap so maybe the trick will be to stuff ourselves at the Scalextric and just have drinks and a chat here, it’s totally up to you, a free choice.

There is a large Car Park on the side of the River so no problems there, if you want a swim I won’t be stopping you !

Come along, bring the kids for a great day out racing and then relax for drinks, grub and chat before heading for home as The Champion AO Racer, or not, as the case may be !!

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy, just come along and join in. You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. The conversations are wide ranging so you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy the meet.

Please RSVP and indicate if you are coming to both or just one of the Venues, It will be handy for me to have an idea of the number of Racers, doesn’t matter so much if you are just coming along as a spectator or for the pub bit of the Event.

Please let me know in your RSVP if you are a Racer, a Spectator or just a Bar Fly !! Even if you can’t make it at all just respond with “ NO “, this way I can gauge how many have at least considered this Event. If you have any queries or questions Post on here or PM me. I’m looking forward, as always, to this Meet so do come along if you can.

Finally, beware of the Speed Camera on the A16 just North of the Roundabout where we leave the A16 for Weston Hills Road and one just South of Sutterton on the A16. Drive safely folks.

See Post #1 for Scalextric information.

See Post #2 for Map and Ship Inn Information.

Nige.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Scalextric Information.

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Point " A " on the Map is the Scalextric Location.
Point " B " on the Map is The Ship Inn Location.

The Ship Inn Information.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Sorry Nige ,in the middle of a run of working,maybe make the next one !

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Nige ,in the middle of a run of working,maybe make the next one !
You have to get this work thing sorted out Martin ! :D

I'll give you a ring next week for a chat. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Great venue Nige...:thumbs:......never too old for Scalextric......:HAPPY:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Bit ironic their biggest track is Donington Park given the current situation there.....:(...I really hope they can find the cash to keep the circuit going.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
More boy's things:(

VD's happy though. I'm sure we'll be there:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
More boy's things:(

VD's happy though. I'm sure we'll be there:thumbs:
your chance to show that ladies make the best drivers C ;)

rob & myself will be there for the racing :thumbs:, but will again probably miss out on the evening pub bit :(

well done on finding a suitable pub nige, i know this one nearly foxed you :thumbs: you must know just about every inch of lincolnshire by now :D

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your chance to show that ladies make the best drivers C ;)

rob & myself will be there for the racing :thumbs:, but will again probably miss out on the evening pub bit :(

well done on finding a suitable pub nige, i know this one nearly foxed you :thumbs: you must know just about every inch of lincolnshire by now :D
I certainly know where to find the muddiest roads ! :eek:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Morning Nige.....lovely day for a drive to Lincolnshire......:)

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Morning Nige.....lovely day for a drive to Lincolnshire......:)
Still cold here Stuart. De iced the TS for the paper run and now have to decide whether or not to de ice the '6 for Ancaster.

Decisions, decisions !!:D

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Thin frost on mine earlier but gone now the sun has got to it........and don't overload the braincells, just toss a coin to decide....:lol:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thin frost on mine earlier but gone now the sun has got to it........and don't overload the braincells, just toss a coin to decide....:lol:
:( Very few braincells to risk and even fewer coins to risk losing one in the gravel ! :eek:

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump and Stick !!

·
16,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have decided to award a fabulous prize to the winner of this Event.

As you can see ABSOLUTELY EVERY EXPENSE has been spared in getting this fantastic prize together.

It does have uniqueness in its favour though and I'm sure that the winner will cherish it for ever more ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
I have decided to award a fabulous prize to the winner of this Event.

As you can see ABSOLUTELY EVERY EXPENSE has been spared in getting this fantastic prize together.

It does have uniqueness in its favour though and I'm sure that the winner will cherish it for ever more ! :)
Let the battle begin.....off to buy a scalextric to practise and hone my skills.....:lol:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts